-   -   TU Application - Allan McRae (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/32830-tu-application-allan-mcrae.html)

Allan McRae 01-09-2008 11:09 AM

TU Application - Allan McRae

Hello,

I'm Allan McRae and go by the imaginative username "Allan" on the AUR,
forums and bug tracker. I maintain around 25 packages in the AUR
(although around half of these are perl-modules) and have had a package
moved to community (sunbird). If you elect me to be a TU, I will
initially move several of my packages (xmltv + dependencies, desemume,
colordiff) to community as well as a couple of other popular packages I
use often that are fairly popular (jabref, possibly notecase). I am
currently unable to build x86_64 packages as my 64bit desktop has been
dead for the last three months (from a power surge I think) and I have
given up on fixing it but will probably buy a new one in the coming months.

I have been using Linux since Red Hat 8.0 was released (late 2002?). I
shuffled from Fedora to Ubuntu to Debian before building a Linux From
Scratch system. I discovered Arch when I was looking at finding a
package manager to use in LFS and installed it "temporarily" to build my
new LFS system. That was about a year and a half ago... I now have
Arch installed on two servers, a (broken) desktop and a laptop. As an
Arch user, I am fairly active on the forums and like to go bug squashing
occasionally. I have also contributed a couple of patches to pacman. I
have written a script for maintaining R libraries but I think no-one but
me actually uses it.

A bit about me personally. I am 27 years old, a New Zealander currently
living in Brisbane, Australia. I work as a statistical geneticist for a
large medical research institute. Apart from computers, my major
hobbies include martial arts and watching anime.

I have Roman lined up to sponsor me.

Cheers,
Allan

"Roman Kyrylych" 01-09-2008 11:22 AM

TU Application - Allan McRae

2008/1/9, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan@hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Allan McRae and go by the imaginative username "Allan" on the AUR,
> forums and bug tracker. I maintain around 25 packages in the AUR
> (although around half of these are perl-modules) and have had a package
> moved to community (sunbird). If you elect me to be a TU, I will
> initially move several of my packages (xmltv + dependencies, desemume,
> colordiff) to community as well as a couple of other popular packages I
> use often that are fairly popular (jabref, possibly notecase). I am
> currently unable to build x86_64 packages as my 64bit desktop has been
> dead for the last three months (from a power surge I think) and I have
> given up on fixing it but will probably buy a new one in the coming months.
>
> I have been using Linux since Red Hat 8.0 was released (late 2002?). I
> shuffled from Fedora to Ubuntu to Debian before building a Linux From
> Scratch system. I discovered Arch when I was looking at finding a
> package manager to use in LFS and installed it "temporarily" to build my
> new LFS system. That was about a year and a half ago... I now have
> Arch installed on two servers, a (broken) desktop and a laptop. As an
> Arch user, I am fairly active on the forums and like to go bug squashing
> occasionally. I have also contributed a couple of patches to pacman. I
> have written a script for maintaining R libraries but I think no-one but
> me actually uses it.
>
> A bit about me personally. I am 27 years old, a New Zealander currently
> living in Brisbane, Australia. I work as a statistical geneticist for a
> large medical research institute. Apart from computers, my major
> hobbies include martial arts and watching anime.
>
> I have Roman lined up to sponsor me.

Yep, I'm sponsoring Allan on his way to become a TU.
He's a great guy, helped me alot with bugtracker.
And his packages are in good quality, and often more than simple
configure/make/make install.
I'm sure Allan will be a good addition to our team.
This starts the discussion period (5 days).

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)