-   -   Applying to become a TU (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/3272-applying-become-tu.html)

"R. van Haren" 11-22-2007 10:10 PM

Applying to become a TU

Hey all,

Using Arch for about 2 and a half year I think it's time for me to
step up and apply to become a trusted user. I really want to help make
Arch even beter than it is in its current state!

Let me first introduce myself.
My name is Ronald, I'm from the Netherlands, and currently I'm busy
with getting my Masters degree in Aerospace engineering. Computer
oriented I've done some courses on java, matlab, and currently taking
on python for another course. I switched to linux fulltime in 2001,
after a couple of years of dual booting.

What have I done so far to help the Arch community ?
Obviously helping out on the forum (my username is pressh). Had a
period of helping out on IRC as well, but I guess I just like the
forum more.
Tried to start up the ArchWD project
(http://user-contributions.org/wikis/userwiki/index.php?title=ArchWD-FVWM)
back in 2005 together with Rasat but it is currently in sleeping mode
ever since 2006.
I also once wrote a wiki entry on fsab but, although the wiki is very
important, it is just not my thing.

Now do I have packages in the AUR ? Yes of course I do have them
(although some have picked up by some of you trusted users :)).
Currently I'm maintaining 14 packages, listed below:

desktop-flickr-organizer
f-spot-svn
gnome-main-menu-svn
kdestyle-serenity
kmp
ksquirrel
ksquirrel-libs
nautilus-image-converter
picasa
pyneighborhood
ristretto
ttf-aquafont
ttf-inconsolata
usp2

Most of them I do not use myself,but I picked them up either because
someone requested, or I once used them myself. I think it's important
to keep updating these packages as some people do still use them (at
least that's what I hope).

Now that I've introduced myself I'm looking for someone who wants to
sponsor me (if any). Please feel free to ask any questions I do not
have answered yet.

Kind regards,

Ronald van Haren

a.k.a. pressh

"Roman Kyrylych" 11-30-2007 04:31 PM

Applying to become a TU

2007/11/23, R. van Haren <pressh@gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
> Using Arch for about 2 and a half year I think it's time for me to
> step up and apply to become a trusted user. I really want to help make
> Arch even beter than it is in its current state!
>
> Let me first introduce myself.
> My name is Ronald, I'm from the Netherlands, and currently I'm busy
> with getting my Masters degree in Aerospace engineering. Computer
> oriented I've done some courses on java, matlab, and currently taking
> on python for another course. I switched to linux fulltime in 2001,
> after a couple of years of dual booting.
>
> What have I done so far to help the Arch community ?
> Obviously helping out on the forum (my username is pressh). Had a
> period of helping out on IRC as well, but I guess I just like the
> forum more.
> Tried to start up the ArchWD project
> (http://user-contributions.org/wikis/userwiki/index.php?title=ArchWD-FVWM)
> back in 2005 together with Rasat but it is currently in sleeping mode
> ever since 2006.
> I also once wrote a wiki entry on fsab but, although the wiki is very
> important, it is just not my thing.
>
> Now do I have packages in the AUR ? Yes of course I do have them
> (although some have picked up by some of you trusted users :)).
> Currently I'm maintaining 14 packages, listed below:
>
> desktop-flickr-organizer
> f-spot-svn
> gnome-main-menu-svn
> kdestyle-serenity
> kmp
> ksquirrel
> ksquirrel-libs
> nautilus-image-converter
> picasa
> pyneighborhood
> ristretto
> ttf-aquafont
> ttf-inconsolata
> usp2
>
> Most of them I do not use myself,but I picked them up either because
> someone requested, or I once used them myself. I think it's important
> to keep updating these packages as some people do still use them (at
> least that's what I hope).
>
> Now that I've introduced myself I'm looking for someone who wants to
> sponsor me (if any). Please feel free to ask any questions I do not
> have answered yet.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ronald van Haren
>
> a.k.a. pressh

It seems sometimes such messages are unreplied for quite some time...
Your nick was pretty noticeable for me in times when I was visiting
forums very often. :-)
Your packages in AUR are OK, though I have some suggestions, which
I've sent to you in private mail.
In fact, I've added 2 of your packages to my "grab them sometime" list
some time ago. :-P
Oh, BTW, don't we already have someone studiying Aerospace
engineering? /me looks at James ;-)

I'm sponsoring Ronald on his way to become a TU.
This starts a standard discussion period.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Abhishek Dasgupta 12-29-2007 03:43 AM

Applying to become a TU

Hello,

I'm Abhishek Dasgupta, from India and right now, I'm doing a Masters
in Science (we'll be choosing our majors in the fifth semester). I've been
using computers for a long time, and I know a bit of python, shell
scripting and of course C, C++.

I think that Arch does not have a significant presence in the
scientific community. I wish to make Arch a viable choice for
a scientist to use, by maintaining more popular scientific
packages in [community], in addition to other packages.

I've maintained one or two pages in the Wiki (not much :) ), and
these are the packages I've in AUR right now (my username is abhidg
in the AUR and the forums):
ariadne bbpager blueman btsco ghemical libghemical liboglappth
lightspeed num-utils pandoc weather xfce4-time-out-plugin

Most of these I use myself, or have packaged because it could be
useful to others.

My introduction is now over, and I'm looking for someone to sponsor
me (if any). If you have any questions, please do ask them.

--
Abhishek Dasgupta
http://abhidg.mine.nu

"Varun Acharya" 12-29-2007 07:48 AM

Applying to become a TU

Hi Abhishek,

Will you maintain packages for both x64_64 and i686, or just one of them?

Abhishek Dasgupta 12-29-2007 12:51 PM

Applying to become a TU

I'll be able to maintain packages for both x86_64 and i686 (on a Core 2 Duo
and Core Solo respectively).

Regards,
Abhishek Dasgupta

"Varun Acharya" 12-29-2007 03:26 PM

Applying to become a TU

I'll be able to maintain packages for both x86_64 and i686 (on a Core 2 Duo
and Core Solo respectively).

Regards,
Abhishek Dasgupta

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 02:18:05PM +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:
| Hi Abhishek,
|
| Will you maintain packages for both x64_64 and i686, or just one of them?

Consider yourself sponsored :) Now starts the five day discussion period.

Varun

Abhishek Dasgupta 12-29-2007 03:36 PM

Applying to become a TU

Thank you!
Regards,
Abhishek Dasgupta

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 09:56:03PM +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:
| On Dec 29, 2007 7:21 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com> wrote:
|
| > I'll be able to maintain packages for both x86_64 and i686 (on a Core 2
| > Duo
| > and Core Solo respectively).
| >
| > Regards,
| > Abhishek Dasgupta
| >
| > On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 02:18:05PM +0530, Varun Acharya wrote:
| > | Hi Abhishek,
| > |

JJDaNiMoTh 12-29-2007 04:11 PM

Applying to become a TU

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:56:03 +0530
"Varun Acharya" <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2007 7:21 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll be able to maintain packages for both x86_64 and i686 (on a Core 2
> > Duo
> > and Core Solo respectively).

I'm happy if new people with double arch will enter in TU group,
because I think that they can helping us to mantain i686 and x86_64
trees synced ( see www.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html ), that is
many times ignored.

So, I hope abhidg pass the vote!

--
JJDaNiMoTh - ArchLinux Trusted User

Damir Perisa 12-29-2007 04:23 PM

Applying to become a TU

Saturday 29 December 2007, JJDaNiMoTh wrote:
| On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:56:03 +0530
|
| "Varun Acharya" <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
| > On Dec 29, 2007 7:21 PM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com>
wrote:
| > > I'll be able to maintain packages for both x86_64 and i686 (on
| > > a Core 2 Duo
| > > and Core Solo respectively).
|
| I'm happy if new people with double arch will enter in TU group,
| because I think that they can helping us to mantain i686 and
| x86_64 trees synced ( see www.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html
| ), that is many times ignored.
|
| So, I hope abhidg pass the vote!

i cannot agree more. i'm not a TU but if a dev can give a vote here,
you have mine. you are competent it seems and you have both arches...
enough to have a start. lets keep the arches in sync.

in addition you are interested in scientific pkgs as i am, since i use
them myself too (mainly molecular biology things).

Damir

--

><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

Abhishek Dasgupta 12-31-2007 11:16 PM

Applying to become a TU

Thank you!
Happy New Year to everyone in the happy Arch-world!

Regards,
Abhishek Dasgupta