Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Jakob Gruber

Default Delete request

On 09/27/2010 09:40 PM, Luca Bennati wrote:

Hi all

angband-svn http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33018
epiar-cvs http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20735
switched since some time to git

opensnc http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40910
is a duplicate of opensonic http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25598

rrootage-data http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10842
is an incomplete outdated clone of rrootage

Done, thanks.

My addition question: what to do with epiar?
The original package http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=958 has been
flagged out of date (correctly) since many new version came out. the problem
is that upstream resetted the version counter, and is at 0.4.1: much newer
than actual package, but version number inferior...
What would the good way to update this? Create a new package like epiar-new
or make epiar return to 0.4.1? I fear the second would cause AUR helpers to
not upgrade existing installations of epiar...

Good question. In a repo package, the 'force' option (see 'man
pkgbuild') would be the correct solution. I don't know if any AUR
helpers handle it correctly though.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 15:59, Jakob Gruber <jakob.gruber@gmail.com> wrote:
> *On 09/27/2010 09:40 PM, Luca Bennati wrote:
> Good question. In a repo package, the 'force' option (see 'man pkgbuild')
> would be the correct solution. I don't know if any AUR helpers handle it
> correctly though.

None of the AUR helpers will handle this

Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Xyne

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 15:59, Jakob Gruber <jakob.gruber@gmail.com> wrote:
> > *On 09/27/2010 09:40 PM, Luca Bennati wrote:
> > Good question. In a repo package, the 'force' option (see 'man pkgbuild')
> > would be the correct solution. I don't know if any AUR helpers handle it
> > correctly though.
> >

> None of the AUR helpers will handle this

Before anyone asks, the reason that none of the AUR helpers handle this is that
the JSON interface does not include information about the "force" flag. The
only way to determine that would be to download the PKGBUILD, which would mean
that every time you checked for updates, it would have to download PKGBUILDs
for all AUR packages to be sure, which would be very wasteful.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Luca Bennati

2010/9/27 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch@gmail.com <daenyth%2Barch@gmail.com>>

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 15:59, Jakob Gruber <jakob.gruber@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 09/27/2010 09:40 PM, Luca Bennati wrote:
> > Good question. In a repo package, the 'force' option (see 'man pkgbuild')
> > would be the correct solution. I don't know if any AUR helpers handle it
> > correctly though.
> >

> None of the AUR helpers will handle this

I think I have found the 3rd possible (and probably best) way:
according to http://epiar.net/trac/roadmap the new 0.5 version will come out
very soon: the mantainer could simply raise the pkgrel (adapting the
PKGBUILD to new course) and solve the update tech problem
if mantainer is not interested, since from 2008 he didn't take action, i can
adopt it, but i will wait for version to come out and will contact him about
it before.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Nathan O

Can somebody delete ubzl http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41187 I
searched for uzbl which didn't show any results and so I uploaded the
PKGBUILD, then after, I realized that there are packages already named ubzl.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 04:55 AM
Brad Fanella

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:37:47PM -0500, Nathan O wrote:
> Can somebody delete ubzl http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41187 I
> searched for uzbl which didn't show any results and so I uploaded the
> PKGBUILD, then after, I realized that there are packages already named ubzl.
>
> Thanks

Sure, not a problem :-)

Thanks,
Brad

Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Simon Stoakley

Hi,
Could you please delete psearch-python3 [1] it's a dup of psearch [2],
and not fixed for python3.
Also can you zap pkgclean [3], its been re-uploaded with a different
name [4] and the maintainer agrees it should be deleted [5] .

Thanks.
Simon.

[5] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=841811#p841811

Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Lukas Fleischer

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 02:31:47PM +0100, Simon Stoakley wrote:
> Could you please delete psearch-python3 [1] it's a dup of psearch
> [2], and not fixed for python3.

psearch-python3 contains an additional patch (actually patching is done
via sed(1)) that psearch doesn't seem to provide. I think we should keep
this unless the patch is superfluous.

> Also can you zap pkgclean [3], its been re-uploaded with a different
> name [4] and the maintainer agrees it should be deleted [5] .

Deleted, thanks.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Christos Nouskas

Please, delete kernel26-pf-p4 which is an accidental duplicate of
kernel26-pf:

X.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Ionuț Bîru

Please, delete kernel26-pf-p4 which is an accidental duplicate of
kernel26-pf:

done. thanks

--
Ionuț