FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Peter Lewis
 
Default Delete Request

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:
> Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
> homepage has changed and so has the pkgname

I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When people
request package deletions, could they put the name of the package somewhere in
the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not possible
to tell which package was deleted.

I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I use, and
once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no longer
work.

Thanks :-)

Pete.
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
"Nathan O."
 
Default Delete Request

Sorry I never think about it, but even if the package is needed, the
current package I am requesting to be deleted is junkbuster and it seems
to be discontinued

On 06/02/2010 05:28 PM, Peter Lewis wrote:

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:


Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
homepage has changed and so has the pkgname


I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When people
request package deletions, could they put the name of the package somewhere in
the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not possible
to tell which package was deleted.

I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I use, and
once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no longer
work.

Thanks :-)

Pete.
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:45 PM
enderst
 
Default Delete Request

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Nathan O. <ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I never think about it, but even if the package is needed, the
> current package I am requesting to be deleted is junkbuster and it seems to
> be discontinued
>
> On 06/02/2010 05:28 PM, Peter Lewis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
>>> homepage has changed and so has the pkgname
>>>
>>>
>> I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When people
>> request package deletions, could they put the name of the package
>> somewhere in
>> the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not
>> possible
>> to tell which package was deleted.
>>
>> I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I use,
>> and
>> once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no
>> longer
>> work.
>>
>> Thanks :-)
>>
>> Pete.
>>
>>
>
>
ummm no that is not always the case with you. there are a few pkgs you were
wrong about and they were still good. luckily the tu(s) that caught that was
on the ball.

+1 pkgname with the link.
 
Old 06-02-2010, 11:53 PM
"Nathan O."
 
Default Delete Request

I am sorry I am human and make mistakes.

On 06/02/2010 06:45 PM, enderst wrote:

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Nathan O.<ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:



Sorry I never think about it, but even if the package is needed, the
current package I am requesting to be deleted is junkbuster and it seems to
be discontinued

On 06/02/2010 05:28 PM, Peter Lewis wrote:



Hi,

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:




Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
homepage has changed and so has the pkgname




I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When people
request package deletions, could they put the name of the package
somewhere in
the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not
possible
to tell which package was deleted.

I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I use,
and
once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no
longer
work.

Thanks :-)

Pete.







ummm no that is not always the case with you. there are a few pkgs you were
wrong about and they were still good. luckily the tu(s) that caught that was
on the ball.

+1 pkgname with the link.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM
enderst
 
Default Delete Request

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Nathan O. <ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sorry I am human and make mistakes.
>
>
> On 06/02/2010 06:45 PM, enderst wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Nathan O.<ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> Sorry I never think about it, but even if the package is needed, the
>>> current package I am requesting to be deleted is junkbuster and it seems
>>> to
>>> be discontinued
>>>
>>> On 06/02/2010 05:28 PM, Peter Lewis wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
>>>>> homepage has changed and so has the pkgname
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When
>>>> people
>>>> request package deletions, could they put the name of the package
>>>> somewhere in
>>>> the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not
>>>> possible
>>>> to tell which package was deleted.
>>>>
>>>> I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I
>>>> use,
>>>> and
>>>> once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no
>>>> longer
>>>> work.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks :-)
>>>>
>>>> Pete.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> ummm no that is not always the case with you. there are a few pkgs you
>> were
>> wrong about and they were still good. luckily the tu(s) that caught that
>> was
>> on the ball.
>>
>> +1 pkgname with the link.
>>
>>
>

Don't get me wrong Nathan, I think its great you're reporting pkgs for
deletion. I think adding the pkgname with the link will help the process.

cheers
 
Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default Delete Request

On 06/02/2010 07:01 PM, enderst wrote:

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Nathan O.<ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:



I am sorry I am human and make mistakes.


On 06/02/2010 06:45 PM, enderst wrote:



On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Nathan O.<ndowens04@gmail.com> wrote:





Sorry I never think about it, but even if the package is needed, the
current package I am requesting to be deleted is junkbuster and it seems
to
be discontinued

On 06/02/2010 05:28 PM, Peter Lewis wrote:





Hi,

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2010 at 21:27 Nathan O. wrote:






Can somebody delete http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8306 The
homepage has changed and so has the pkgname






I'm not a TU or anything, so this is just a personal request. When
people
request package deletions, could they put the name of the package
somewhere in
the email (preferably the subject)? Following this thread, it's not
possible
to tell which package was deleted.

I tend to follow this list to track changes / deletions to packages I
use,
and
once the packages are deleted the links to the AUR pages obviously no
longer
work.

Thanks :-)

Pete.










ummm no that is not always the case with you. there are a few pkgs you
were
wrong about and they were still good. luckily the tu(s) that caught that
was
on the ball.

+1 pkgname with the link.





Don't get me wrong Nathan, I think its great you're reporting pkgs for
deletion. I think adding the pkgname with the link will help the process.

cheers

Thanks :-) I am trying to do good. It has been sometime since I have
done Aur. I did it some time ago and stopped doing it a while. I am
starting again, and looking for orphans that I can fix and clean the
PKGBUILD up as well. I do search a little for maybe a new home but I
guess I miss some :s
 
Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 AM
"Nathan O."
 
Default Delete Request

I am going to adopt kalsamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 and update it, kamix
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9907 is orphaned and the
homepage listed says kamix is discontinued, then it says like to
checkout the newest package kalsamix.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Loui Chang
 
Default Delete Request

On Thu 03 Jun 2010 01:45 -0500, Nathan O. wrote:
> I am going to adopt kalsamix
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10611 and update it, kamix
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9907 is orphaned and the
> homepage listed says kamix is discontinued, then it says like to
> checkout the newest package kalsamix.

kamix is gone.
 
Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Matthias Rascher
 
Default delete request

Hi,
can somebody delete this three packages...

1) obsolete
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24794
this package was a preview-version of Bibble 5 and is now obsolete

2) duplicates
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33347 and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37976
this two packages already exists as: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12814

Thanks
 
Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Stefan Husmann
 
Default delete request

Am 13.06.2010 09:47, schrieb Matthias Rascher:

Hi,
can somebody delete this three packages...

1) obsolete
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24794
this package was a preview-version of Bibble 5 and is now obsolete

2) duplicates
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33347 and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37976
this two packages already exists as: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12814

Thanks



Done, thanks.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org