FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-27-2011, 03:45 AM
speps
 
Default Delete Request

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:00:29 -0700
Gaetan Bisson <bisson@archlinux.org> wrote:

> My two cents: audacious2 makes it seem like it is version 2.* of
> audacious; I would name the package audacious-gtk2 instead.

There's actually no real convention about gtk{2,3} naming.
Actually some packages uses the 3 suffix like libwebkit3 or vte3,
others (on AUR) uses the -gtk{2,3} one.
The evinced rules seem like to be
if main package defaults on gtk2 && is a lib -> add suffix 3 (ex libwebkit in extra)
if main package defaults on gtk2 && is not a lib -> add suffix -gtk3 (ex pan on AUR)
if main package defaults on gtk3 -> add suffix -gtk2 (ex gnome-terminal on AUR)

I usually follow these unspoken rules for my packages,
btw the audacious2{-plugins} follows a different line,
identified with the "2" suffix.

It provides a gtk2 version of the package that does not conflicts with the gtk3 one.
To let this be possible a lot of naming have to be changed in the source package.
Since I did not found a good suffix for meaning this (-gtk2-no-conflict, -coexist ?)
I thought the unused ${pkgname}2 would have been perfect and far from ambiguity
(since pkgver=3.0)

I did the same with evince2 on AUR, but in that case there's also the version
matching as a good reason (2.32.0), even if there was an evince-gtk yet.

Btw, if you think the audacious{,-plugins}-gtk2 and evince2-gtk2 solution
fits better for meaning the coexistence possibility, feel free to delete 'em.

Otherwise, you're right, some misunderstanding could occur and maybe a clarification
in the description would help and can be pushed.


-- speps --
 
Old 08-06-2011, 11:09 PM
俞颐超
 
Default Delete request

I think emacs-xcscope[1] need to be deleted.
it depends on cscope but is actually included in cscope.

THX

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=28058
 
Old 08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Stefan Husmann
 
Default Delete request

Am 07.08.2011 01:09, schrieb 俞颐超:

I think emacs-xcscope[1] need to be deleted.
it depends on cscope but is actually included in cscope.

THX

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=28058


Done, thanks
 
Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 PM
speps
 
Default Delete Request

Hi, plowshare recently switched from svn to git

plowshare-svn [1] can be deleted, since
plowshare-git [2] replaces it

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31779
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51591

Thanks


- speps -
 
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Peter Lewis
 
Default Delete Request

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, speps wrote:
> Hi, plowshare recently switched from svn to git
>
> plowshare-svn [1] can be deleted, since
> plowshare-git [2] replaces it
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31779
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51591

Sounds good - but I just wondered why the change in maintainer due to this?
dserban should probably have the chance to continue to maintain this if he
wants... I don't think we should take packages away from people if they are
still actively maintaining them.

(in my opinion)

Pete.

PS. cc'ing dserban
 
Old 08-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Peter Lewis
 
Default Delete Request

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Peter Lewis wrote:
> PS. cc'ing dserban

Okay, I heard back from dserban. The SVN package has gone.

Thanks speps.

Pete.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM
speps
 
Default Delete Request

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:45:00 +0100
Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, speps wrote:
> > Hi, plowshare recently switched from svn to git
> >
> > plowshare-svn [1] can be deleted, since
> > plowshare-git [2] replaces it
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31779
> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51591
>
> Sounds good - but I just wondered why the change in maintainer due to this?
> dserban should probably have the chance to continue to maintain this if he
> wants... I don't think we should take packages away from people if they are
> still actively maintaining them.
>
> (in my opinion)
>
> Pete.
>
> PS. cc'ing dserban

I already uploaded plowshare-git, cause I actually maintain plowshare, and
i'm used to follow its development, since the actual project leader release
a snapshot every 10~ days.

Btw, you're right. I'll disown it, if dserban wants to maintain it.


- speps -
 
Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Peter Lewis
 
Default Delete Request

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, speps wrote:
> I already uploaded plowshare-git, cause I actually maintain plowshare, and
> i'm used to follow its development, since the actual project leader release
> a snapshot every 10~ days.

Oh excellent, makes sense then.

> Btw, you're right. I'll disown it, if dserban wants to maintain it.

Thanks, but no worries, he told me he's happy to orphan it. Enjoy :-)

Pete.
 
Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 AM
rafael ff1
 
Default Delete request

lib32-scim - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21523

The install file is missing, lib folder is not correct, source file is
all "scim" binaries from Arch and, last, this package is wrong for
more than 1 year.

Thanks
 
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Delete request

On 9 September 2011 06:51, rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com> wrote:
> lib32-scim - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21523
>
> The install file is missing, lib folder is not correct, source file is
> all "scim" binaries from Arch and, last, this package is wrong for
> more than 1 year.
>
> Thanks
>

Deleted.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:22 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org