FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Evangelos Foutras
 
Default delete request

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
> Really though.... what is this time machine?

I might have exaggerated a little bit about the time machine part. :3

...

Or maybe I do have a real time machine and I'm keeping its existence a
secret (albeit not doing a great job at it).


...

Nah, it was just cached pages of those links by Google.

...

*Hops into the time machine to go back and warn his past self about
mentioning the machine in public.*
 
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Thomas S Hatch
 
Default delete request

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Really though.... what is this time machine?
>
> I might have exaggerated a little bit about the time machine part. :3
>
> ...
>
> Or maybe I do have a real time machine and I'm keeping its existence a
> secret (albeit not doing a great job at it).
>
>
> ...
>
> Nah, it was just cached pages of those links by Google.
>
> ...
>
> *Hops into the time machine to go back and warn his past self about
> mentioning the machine in public.*
>

pfft <witty>

I should have thought of that!

Thanks!
 
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Brad Fanella
 
Default delete request

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Awesome, any way I can take a look at your time machine, it is a delorean?
> A Tardis?
>

21:32 CST in #archlinux-tu
Exact same comment. Exact. Same. Comment.
 
Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Cédric Girard
 
Default delete request

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/1/11 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> > What was the name of these packages ?
>
> Using my brand new time machine, I went back in time and noted their
> names; borderless-elementary-gtk-theme and nautilus-elementary-ur
> respectively.
>

Thank you.
I indeed should have used the same time machine instead of spamming the ML.
Sorry about that...

Regards,
--
Cédric Girard
 
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Peter Lewis
 
Default delete request

On Tuesday 11 January 2011 00:35:18 Brad Fanella wrote:
> 2011/1/10 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> > On a related note: don't you guys
> > sleep/work/do-something-else-other-than-read-aur-general-mails? =)
>
> Sleep? What is this "sleep" you speak of?

Where's Xyne when you need him?

I think you mean "sleep of which you speak" ;-P
 
Old 01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Luca Bennati
 
Default Delete request

nano-wrap https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20596 -> outdated,
orphan, functionality included in official repos
 
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Thorsten Töpper
 
Default Delete request

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:46:07 +0100 Luca Bennati <lucak3@gmail.com>
wrote:
> nano-wrap https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20596 -> outdated,
> orphan, functionality included in official repos

Done.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4
 
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Xyne
 
Default delete request

Peter Lewis wrote:

> > Sleep? What is this "sleep" you speak of?
>
> Where's Xyne when you need him?
>
> I think you mean "sleep of which you speak" ;-P

Meh, I disagree with the rule not to end sentences with a preposition.
Sometimes it's just the most natural way to phrase it. Afaik, it only gained
acceptance due to its use as a shibboleth. I wouldn't be surprised if it were
dreamt up by the same Latin grammarians who decided that "to" is part of the
verb's infinitive and thus should never be split from it. If I ever find their
graves, I intend *to gladly spit* on them.

The only "grammatical error" that annoys me is when people use "and I" when it
should be "and me", and that's only because they are actively trying to speak
"correctly" and yet failing miserably.

"I went to the store." -> "My friend and I went to the store."
"The owner threw me out." -> "The owner threw my friend and me out."

"The owner threw I out." FAIL
"The owner threw my friend and I out." Same thing. FAIL.

Hypercorrectionism ftl.

*heads off to get his Grammar Nazi promotion*
 
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Evangelos Foutras
 
Default delete request

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Xyne <xyne@archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Peter Lewis wrote:
>
>> > Sleep? What is this "sleep" you speak of?
>>
>> Where's Xyne when you need him?
>>
>> I think you mean "sleep of which you speak" ;-P
>
> Meh, I disagree with the rule not to end sentences with a preposition.
> Sometimes it's just the most natural way to phrase it. Afaik, it only gained
> acceptance due to its use as a shibboleth. I wouldn't be surprised if it were
> dreamt up by the same Latin grammarians who decided that "to" is part of the
> verb's infinitive and thus should never be split from it. If I ever find their
> graves, I intend *to gladly spit* on them.
>
> The only "grammatical error" that annoys me is when people use "and I" when it
> should be "and me", and that's only because they are actively trying to speak
> "correctly" and yet failing miserably.
>
> "I went to the store." -> "My friend and I went to the store."
> "The owner threw me out." -> "The owner threw my friend and me out."
>
> "The owner threw I out." FAIL
> "The owner threw my friend and I out." Same thing. FAIL.
>
> Hypercorrectionism ftl.
>
> *heads off to get his Grammar Nazi promotion*

lol u mad bro
 
Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Xyne
 
Default delete request

Evangelos Foutras wrote:

> lol u mad bro

Sorry, this isn't Archan.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org