Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino

Default TU Resignation - mOLOk

Hi fellow TUs,

~13 months have passed since my election, today I decided to step down.
I really enjoyed doing this job, it taught myself a lot and gave me the chance
to give back something to this great community.

The first months I created hundreds (literally) of packages, I gave suggestions
to AUR users how to improve their packaging skills and things like that.
Lately my enthusiasm dropped and slowly reached zero. When I receive an out of
date notification instead of thinking "Cool, a new version of that app.", I
think "Oh, cr*p, I have to update and test that silly stuff".
So, "It's not funny anymore"™.
Moreover, I'd like to spend more time studying and contributing to different
projects.

Anyway, I'll still use Arch, so you'll probably read my mails now and then on
the mailing lists 8)

Now, the technical stuff, this is the list of the packages I maintain in
[community]:

gnome/gtranslator - not required by any package
lib/confuse - required by tilda and awesome (maybe others)
lib/fpconst - req. by python-soappy
lib/gnu-efi - req. by refit
lib/librsync - req. by rdiff-backup
lib/python-soappy - not required by any
lib/python-sqlalchemy - req. by griffith
multimedia/griffith - not required by any
multimedia/lxmusic - broken
multimedia/mp3gain - not required by any
network/ddclient - not required by any
network/flock - not required by any
network/links-g - not required by any
network/mldonkey - not required by any
network/sopcast - required by gsopcast and qsopcast
network/youtube-dl - not required by any
system/mairix - not required by any
system/man-pages-it - not required by any
system/nopaste - not required by any
system/pommed - required by gpomme
system/rdiff-backup - not required by any
system/unace - not required by any
x11/gpomme - not required by any
x11/gsopcast - not required by any
x11/lxpanel - not required by any
x11/lxsession - not required by any
x11/netwmpager - not required by any
x11/obmenu - not required by any
x11/openbox-themes - not required by any
x11/pcmanfm - not required by any
x11/sancho-gtk - not required by any
x11/smplayer - required by smplayer-themes
x11/smplayer-themes - not required by any
x11/sux - not required by any
x11/xkbset - not required by any

note:
smplayer{,-themes} will go in [extra] when qt4 will go out of [testing];
pommed/gpomme require an Apple laptop to be tested;
lxmusic is broken and the author won't fix it any time soon.

I'll move packages that won't be adopted in 2,3 weeks in [unsupported] (so
please don't delete my account yet

Cheers,

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
Arch Linux Trusted User (for the last time

Please send personal email to themolok@gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF 2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB

Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
"Ronald van Haren"

Thanks for the work done in those 13 months.

I have adopted the following packages for now:
flock
sopcast
gsopcast
griffith
youtube-dl
python-sqlalchemy

On Jan 7, 2008 9:55 PM, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <
[...]

[.....]

Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
"Callan Barrett"

On Jan 8, 2008 5:55 AM, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <themolok.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> ~13 months have passed since my election, today I decided to step down.
> I really enjoyed doing this job, it taught myself a lot and gave me the chance
> to give back something to this great community.

Sorry to see you go, mOLOk.

I've grabbed nopaste, links-g and unace by the way.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett

Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
"Giovanni Scafora"

> I've grabbed nopaste, links-g and unace by the way.

Also, I've grabbed obmenu and openbox-themes.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:47 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/1/7, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino <themolok.ml@gmail.com>:
> Hi fellow TUs,
>
> ~13 months have passed since my election, today I decided to step down.
> I really enjoyed doing this job, it taught myself a lot and gave me the chance
> to give back something to this great community.
>
> The first months I created hundreds (literally) of packages, I gave suggestions
> to AUR users how to improve their packaging skills and things like that.
> Lately my enthusiasm dropped and slowly reached zero. When I receive an out of
> date notification instead of thinking "Cool, a new version of that app.", I
> think "Oh, cr*p, I have to update and test that silly stuff".
> So, "It's not funny anymore"™.
> Moreover, I'd like to spend more time studying and contributing to different
> projects.
>
> Anyway, I'll still use Arch, so you'll probably read my mails now and then on
> the mailing lists 8)

I've grabbed confuse, gtranslator and pcmanfm.
Will have package update party before weekend here.

Hope to see your messages as often as before, Alessio. ;-)

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)