FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
bardo
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

2010/1/7 Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com>:
> can you elaborate more on what kind of problems do you have with aufs?

Behavior is pretty random. Sometimes I'll just get the "wrong mount
option" error when running makechrootpkg, sometimes module loading
will hang, sometimes it'll print a stack trace and die, and even
though the module appears to be loaded it doesn't work and cannot be
removed.
I think I remember somebody talking about similar problems on an arch
list but I can't find it right now.

This happens on my main machine (x86_64 on [testing]) and on my
virtual building machine (i686 on 2.6.31, I don't care to update it
since I use chroots in there too). It works on another x86_64 build
machine, though, which still has 2.6.30.

> i'll do those rebuilds now.

Thanks a lot.
 
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
bardo
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

2010/1/7 bardo <ilbardo@gmail.com>:
> I'm currently unable to build i686 packages in a clean chroot. Can
> anybody help?

I also need a rebuild on acerhk. It is an i686-only kernel module, a
simple pkgrel bump should be more than enough. By the way, I don't
even use the driver anymore, rebuilding is not much of a hassle, but
if any TU uses it, feel free to take it.

Thanks in advance,
Corrado
 
Old 01-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Chris Brannon
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

> I also need a rebuild on acerhk. It is an i686-only kernel module, a
> simple pkgrel bump should be more than enough. By the way, I don't
> even use the driver anymore, rebuilding is not much of a hassle, but
> if any TU uses it, feel free to take it.

Hi Corrado,
I rebuilt acerhk for you, and I will upload it. However I saw
the following error, and I'm not quite sure what it means:

Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'

Do you have any idea? Nevertheless, the package built successfully.
Sorry, I can't test, because I don't use the driver.

-- Chris
 
Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Ray Rashif
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

2010/1/10 Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79@gmail.com>:
>> I also need a rebuild on acerhk. It is an i686-only kernel module, a
>> simple pkgrel bump should be more than enough. By the way, I don't
>> even use the driver anymore, rebuilding is not much of a hassle, but
>> if any TU uses it, feel free to take it.
>
> Hi Corrado,
> I rebuilt acerhk for you, and I will upload it. *However I saw
> the following error, and I'm not quite sure what it means:
>
> *Building modules, stage 2.
> *MODPOST 1 modules
> WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
> To see full details build your kernel with:
> 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
>
> Do you have any idea? *Nevertheless, the package built successfully.
> Sorry, I can't test, because I don't use the driver.

According to http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=00965 that's not
really harmful


--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD
 
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Uli Armbruster
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

* Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com> [09.01.2010 20:38]:
> 2010/1/10 Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79@gmail.com>:
> >> I also need a rebuild on acerhk. It is an i686-only kernel module, a
> >> simple pkgrel bump should be more than enough. By the way, I don't
> >> even use the driver anymore, rebuilding is not much of a hassle, but
> >> if any TU uses it, feel free to take it.
> >
> > Hi Corrado,
> > I rebuilt acerhk for you, and I will upload it. *However I saw
> > the following error, and I'm not quite sure what it means:
> >
> > *Building modules, stage 2.
> > *MODPOST 1 modules
> > WARNING: modpost: Found 2 section mismatch(es).
> > To see full details build your kernel with:
> > 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
> >
> > Do you have any idea? *Nevertheless, the package built successfully.
> > Sorry, I can't test, because I don't use the driver.
>
> According to http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=00965 that's not
> really harmful
>
>
> --
> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

I hope I'm not completely wrong with this, but the current version of acerhk is built for kernel 2.6.31, so of course it won't work ;-) I recompiled it for 2.6.32, but it didn't work at all. Actually, my multimedia keys stopped working after loadging the acerhk module. Are there any TUs with computers with hardware using the acerhk module? I can do testing, if required, although I don't really use this module. My laptop is a Medion MD94500.

Greetz
Army
 
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Chris Brannon
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

> I hope I'm not completely wrong with this, but the current version of
> acerhk is built for kernel 2.6.31, so of course it won't work ;-)

I updated it for 2.6.32 Saturday.
If the new package from [community] still doesn't work for you,
and no TU has the hardware or interest, then
I can try to do some further investigation, updating the package accordingly.

-- Chris
 
Old 01-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I hope I'm not completely wrong with this, but the current version of
>> acerhk *is built for kernel 2.6.31, so of course it won't work ;-)
>
> I updated it for 2.6.32 Saturday.
> If the new package from [community] still doesn't work for you,
> and no TU has the hardware or interest, then
> I can try to do some further investigation, updating the package accordingly.
>
> -- Chris
>

You probably forgot to reboot into your new kernel. Judging from its
content, the package was built for 2.6.31:

* lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/drivers/
* lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/
* lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/
* lib/modules/
* lib/
* etc/rc.d/acerhk
* etc/
* etc/rc.d/
* lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/drivers/block/
* lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/drivers/block/acerhk.ko

Eric
 
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Chris Brannon
 
Default Help in building i686 packages needed

> You probably forgot to reboot into your new kernel. Judging from its
> content, the package was built for 2.6.31:
>
> * lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/drivers/
> * lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/kernel/
> * lib/modules/2.6.31-ARCH/
> * lib/modules/
...

No, this is really embarrassing. I forgot to change _kernver in the
package. Fixed depends and makedepends, but forgot the other. So it
was built against the right kernel, and installed to the wrong place.

-- Chris
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org