Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Heiko Baums

Default Can't upload package to AUR

Hi,

I've just built the new version of kernel26-fbcondecor
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15603) based on the split
package kernel26 from [core]/abs.

It builds and installs fine and it creates every three packages.

The first problem is that makepkg --source doesn't include the .install
file into the package.

The second problem is that I can't upload the archive
which I then created with tar cfvz kernel26-fbcondecor.tar.gz
kernel26-fbcondecor which includes the file kernel26.install. When I
try to upload it I get a page with this error message:

"Submit

Use `makepkg --source` to generate source packages for submission!
Invalid name: only lowercase letters are allowed."

The package name is definitely correct.

Is this a bug in AUR? If AUR parses the PKGBUILD's variable pkgname
then it should parse the variable pkgbase instead if it's a split
package because pkgname is an array in split packages.

Greetings,
Heiko

Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Ionut Biru

[...]

aur doesn't support split builds

--
Ionut

Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Heiko Baums

Am Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:36:24 +0200
schrieb Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com>:

> aur doesn't support split builds

That's bad because makepkg does and I'd like to build
kernel26-fbcondecor on top of kernel26 because my intention is to have
the stock kernel with the additional fbcondecor patch.

Is there a way to add support for split packages to AUR?

Greetings,
Heiko

Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Loui Chang

On Sat 02 Jan 2010 11:40 +0100, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Am Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:36:24 +0200
> schrieb Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com>:
>
> > aur doesn't support split builds
>
> That's bad because makepkg does and I'd like to build
> kernel26-fbcondecor on top of kernel26 because my intention is to have
> the stock kernel with the additional fbcondecor patch.
>
> Is there a way to add support for split packages to AUR?

Grab the source code and write some patches.
http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/

Make sure to read the HACKING file. If you have any other questions you
can ask them on the aur-dev mailing list.

Cheers.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Sebastian Nowicki

That's bad because makepkg does and I'd like to build
kernel26-fbcondecor on top of kernel26 because my intention is to
have

the stock kernel with the additional fbcondecor patch.

Is there a way to add support for split packages to AUR?

Grab the source code and write some patches.
http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/

Make sure to read the HACKING file. If you have any other questions
you

can ask them on the aur-dev mailing list.

Cheers.

If anyone has the courage to do this, I suggest looking into using a
PKGBUILD parsing library I wrote[1]. since this would delegate parsing
to an external library, future changes like these would be much easier.

[1]: http://github.com/sebnow/pkgparse

Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Jim Pryor

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 05:14:57PM +0800, Sebastian Nowicki wrote:

> If anyone has the courage to do this, I suggest looking into using a
> PKGBUILD parsing library I wrote[1]. since this would delegate
> parsing to an external library, future changes like these would be
> much easier.
>
> [1]: http://github.com/sebnow/pkgparse

Cool! A real parser is terrific, thanks for doing it.

--
Jim Pryor
profjim@jimpryor.net