Old 12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Reqamst

Default Deletion request - django extensions

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Ranguvar <ranguvar@archlinux.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 16:32, Reqamst <reqamst@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are two packages refering to "Django Command Extensions"[1] in AUR:
> > "django-extensions"[2] and "django-command-extensions"[3]. I think
> > "django-command-extensions" is more accurate.
> >
> > [1] http://code.google.com/p/django-command-extensions/
> > [2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26813
> > [3] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30353
>

> I'm not so sure.
>
> For one, django-extensions is older and better known.
> For another, the site you linked talks about other extensions than
> Command ones (Database Model Field, Database Model, Admin).
> Are only the Command ones installed by the AUR packages?
>
> Thanks for bringing it to some attention whatever the choice, I/we hate
> dups
>
> -- Ranguvar
> [Devin Cofer]

If you check PKGBUILDs, you'll notice that they are exactly that same
extensions - that same "url" und "source". Just django-extensions' PKGBUILD
is better and more complex, but django-command-extensions' name is more
accurate in compare to homesite. In that situations some kind of redirects
would be useful - one pkgname could be just alias for second and users
wouldn't have problems.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Laszlo Papp

> If you check PKGBUILDs, you'll notice that they are exactly that same
> extensions - that same "url" und "source". Just django-extensions' PKGBUILD
> is better and more complex, but django-command-extensions' name is more
> accurate in compare to homesite. In that situations some kind of redirects
> would be useful - one pkgname could be just alias for second and users
> wouldn't have problems.

Yeah, I started to use today this package, and yeah it's duplicated in
this format, and I agree with that django-command-extensions is better
name for this package as you described it.

I think it's worth to delete the other package and if someone would
like to establish a more 'meta-package' then it will be uploaded.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp