Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Dieter Plaetinck

Default binary uzbl package(s)?

Hi guys.
For the uzbl project (http://www.uzbl.org/) I maintain 2 packages in
AUR - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=uzbl -
and I'm involved in the upstream as well

Since this program is becoming quite popular, I thought it would make
sense to start maintaining this in community/extra. (actually 'uzbl'
has different little subprojects that I would each package separately,
depending on each other where appropriate)

Note that I'm not an arch package maintainer nor TU. I maintain a
package in extra (aif) because of my releng duties, but I lack the
experience and detailed knowlegde "real" packagers have.

How I should I proceed? If a real TU/dev would like to maintain it,
that's fine by me also, but upstream development is quite fast-faced (a
release every 2-3 weeks) so you would need to be actively following.

Dieter