FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Steve Holmes
 
Default Package Rename

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: RIPEMD160

I recently took over the orca-svn package in AUR and am wondering if
or how it can be renamed. I would like to rename it to
orca-git
because the gnome maintainers now keep the latest changes in git
instead of svn. If it cannot be renamed, then I will need to have
this package deleted and I can create a new one called orca-git.

Thanks for the help to a new AUR package maintainer.
<Steve> (sholmes88)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEAREDAAYFAksZSSMACgkQWSjv55S0LfEUyACfYKdgOtNIxo QsRCqFZZQMIdts
xXcAoKxtcTRk5hccFH8SMEJJV+e7KgHJ
=JboK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Old 12-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Ionut Biru
 
Default Package Rename

On 12/04/2009 07:38 PM, Steve Holmes wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: RIPEMD160

I recently took over the orca-svn package in AUR and am wondering if
or how it can be renamed. I would like to rename it to
orca-git
because the gnome maintainers now keep the latest changes in git
instead of svn. If it cannot be renamed, then I will need to have
this package deleted and I can create a new one called orca-git.

Thanks for the help to a new AUR package maintainer.
<Steve> (sholmes88)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEAREDAAYFAksZSSMACgkQWSjv55S0LfEUyACfYKdgOtNIxo QsRCqFZZQMIdts
xXcAoKxtcTRk5hccFH8SMEJJV+e7KgHJ
=JboK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


rename is not support. just upload a new build with the name orga-git.
then send an email here and ask for removal for orga-svn
 
Old 12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Gustavo Genovese
 
Default Package rename

Hi,
I've adopted this package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18644 (firefox32) some time
ago and I think it should be renamed to bin32-firefox. Can you do this
for me? Or should I just change the name in PKGBUILD and upload it?
Also the i18n for this package (
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18647 ) should be renamed
too, to bin32-firefox-i18n
Once renamed, how do I notify the people using the old package
versions they should switch to the new ones? Just a comment in the old
package?
I really don't know how is the is stantard procedure to do this, so
any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Regards,

--
Gustavo Genovese
 
Old 12-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Florian Pritz
 
Default Package rename

On 24.12.2011 19:16, Gustavo Genovese wrote:
> Hi,
> I've adopted this package
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18644 (firefox32) some time
> ago and I think it should be renamed to bin32-firefox. Can you do this
> for me? Or should I just change the name in PKGBUILD and upload it?
> Also the i18n for this package (
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18647 ) should be renamed
> too, to bin32-firefox-i18n
> Once renamed, how do I notify the people using the old package
> versions they should switch to the new ones? Just a comment in the old
> package?

Upload the new version and request a merge of the old package into the
new one.

--
Florian Pritz
 
Old 12-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Gustavo Genovese
 
Default Package rename

2011/12/24 Florian Pritz <bluewind@xinu.at>:
> On 24.12.2011 19:16, Gustavo Genovese wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've adopted this package
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18644 (firefox32) some time
>> ago and I think it should be renamed to bin32-firefox. Can you do this
>> for me? Or should I just change the name in PKGBUILD and upload it?
>> Also the i18n for this package (
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18647 ) should be renamed
>> too, to bin32-firefox-i18n
>> Once renamed, how do I notify the people using the old package
>> versions they should switch to the new ones? Just a comment in the old
>> package?
>
> Upload the new version and request a merge of the old package into the
> new one.
>

Ok, I've uploaded the new versions
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55262
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55263

How do I request the merging? A new thread in this mailing list?
Thanks!


--
Gustavo Genovese
 
Old 12-24-2011, 06:14 PM
郑文辉(Techlive Zheng)
 
Default Package rename

bingo
在 2011-12-25 上午3:13,"Gustavo Genovese" <gcesarmza@gmail.com>写道:
>
> 2011/12/24 Florian Pritz <bluewind@xinu.at>:
> > On 24.12.2011 19:16, Gustavo Genovese wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I've adopted this package
> >> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18644 (firefox32) some time
> >> ago and I think it should be renamed to bin32-firefox. Can you do this
> >> for me? Or should I just change the name in PKGBUILD and upload it?
> >> Also the i18n for this package (
> >> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18647 ) should be renamed
> >> too, to bin32-firefox-i18n
> >> Once renamed, how do I notify the people using the old package
> >> versions they should switch to the new ones? Just a comment in the old
> >> package?
> >
> > Upload the new version and request a merge of the old package into the
> > new one.
> >
>
> Ok, I've uploaded the new versions
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55262
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55263
>
> How do I request the merging? A new thread in this mailing list?
> Thanks!
>
>
> --
> Gustavo Genovese
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org