-   -   Clean up old Java 'GNOME' Bindings (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/28817-clean-up-old-java-gnome-bindings.html)

Timm Preetz 01-04-2008 04:19 PM

Clean up old Java 'GNOME' Bindings

Hi,

while compiling packages for x86_64 I came across two java-packages,
that seem obsolete to me.

I think they could be replaced by 'java-gnome' (which I maintain in AUR,
could be moved to community).

The packages are the following:

glib-java (provided by java-gnome)
cairo-java (not yet provided by java-gnome, requires glib-java)

I think other (for example old gtk-java) were already deleted.

So should these packages stay in community (cairo-java has only two
votes), or should they be replaced by java-gnome?

Regards,
Timm

Timm Preetz 01-06-2008 10:45 AM

Clean up old Java 'GNOME' Bindings

I spoke to sergej and he moved glib-java and cairo-java to unsupported,
and java-gnome to community.

I also added java-gnome-docs to community as it seems common practise to
deliver the docs-package also.