Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 AM
edogawaconan

Default Unable to submit package

After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.

error message:
"Missing build function in PKGBUILD."

package:

Problematic version attached.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Allan McRae

edogawaconan wrote:

After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.

error message:
"Missing build function in PKGBUILD."

package:

Problematic version attached.

Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite
clear. Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?

Old 11-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Gergely Imreh

2009/11/29 Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
> edogawaconan wrote:
>>
>> After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
>> verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
>> Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.
>>
>> error message:
>> "Missing build function in PKGBUILD."
>>
>> package:
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18036
>>
>> Problematic version attached.
>
> Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite clear.
> *Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?

The error message is simple, but the meaning is not that
straightforward: AUR can miss the build function when makepkg has no
problem, e.g. in case of a bug in bash-type variable replacements....
I'm not saying that it is the case for this PKGBUILD, but wouldn't be
the first bug like this, as much as I remember.

Do .gz attachments work on this list? If they do, please attach the
compressed faulty PKGBUILD.

Cheers,
Greg

Old 11-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Ionut Biru

you could paste it in http://pastebin.ca or others paste online services

Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 AM
edogawaconan

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> edogawaconan wrote:
>>
>> After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
>> verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
>> Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.
>>
>> error message:
>> "Missing build function in PKGBUILD."
>>
>> package:
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18036
>>
>> Problematic version attached.
>
> Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite clear.
> *Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?

sure it has one.

http://pastebin.com/m2d0bd65d

Old 11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Ray Rashif

2009/11/29 edogawaconan <me@myconan.net>

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > edogawaconan wrote:
> >>
> >> After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
> >> verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
> >> Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.
> >>
> >> error message:
> >> "Missing build function in PKGBUILD."
> >>
> >> package:
> >> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18036
> >>
> >> Problematic version attached.
> >
> > Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite
> clear.
> > Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?
> >

> sure it has one.
>
> http://pastebin.com/m2d0bd65d
>
> --
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org

Move all the custom variables below pkgname.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM
edogawaconan

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/29 edogawaconan <me@myconan.net>
> Move all the custom variables below pkgname.

same result

Old 11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Ray Rashif

2009/11/30 edogawaconan <me@myconan.net>

> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2009/11/29 edogawaconan <me@myconan.net>
> > Move all the custom variables below pkgname.
> >

> same result
>
> --
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org

Add a maintainer tag (although I have seen plenty of scripts without).
Still, the parsing is different from makepkg/namcap so it might be having
trouble with the bash conditionals.

I may be short-sighted but that's no excuse why I can't spot anything else.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Vojtech Horky

2009/11/29 edogawaconan <me@myconan.net>:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> edogawaconan wrote:
>>>
>>> After 'cleaning up' a package I'm maintaining (nginx-unstable), and
>>> verifying it can be built and works fine, AUR rejected the package.
>>> Reverting to old version (with updated version) works fine.
>>>
>>> error message:
>>> "Missing build function in PKGBUILD."
>>>
>>> package:
>>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18036
>>>
>>> Problematic version attached.
>>
>> Attachments do not work on this list, but the error message is quite clear.
>> *Does your PKGBUILD have a build() function?
>>

> sure it has one.
>
> http://pastebin.com/m2d0bd65d
Just a guess - what about missing backslashes at the end of the line
in the source array (lines 28 to 30)?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 12:30, Vojtech Horky <vojta.horky@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Just a guess - what about missing backslashes at the end of the line
> in the source array (lines 28 to 30)?

You don't need backslashes at the end of lines inside an array declaration.