Old 11-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

Default Bunch of deletion candidates

openoffice (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24413)
This package is plainly named "openoffice" when it seems to provide a
-dev version of some kind and it also appears to duplicate the effort of
the packages in [extra]. Personally I think it is confusing even though
the package appears to be maintained. Your call.

go-oo-bin-base (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19457)
This package also seems to duplicate the package of the same mission in
[extra]. I know that the difference is that this one uses the provided
rpm packages instead of compiling by itself. Your call again.

go-oo-{calc,draw,impress,math}
These are outdated and at best match the go-oo-bin-base package. We
however already have the functionality in [extra].

Also I'd like box2d-svn (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24278)
orphaned for me to pick up. The maintainer didn't show any effort to
communicate or fix the package.

-- Sven-Hendrik

Old 11-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Ionut Biru

This package is plainly named "openoffice" when it seems to provide a
-dev version of some kind and it also appears to duplicate the effort of
the packages in [extra]. Personally I think it is confusing even though
the package appears to be maintained. Your call.

deleted

go-oo-bin-base (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19457)
This package also seems to duplicate the package of the same mission in
[extra]. I know that the difference is that this one uses the provided
rpm packages instead of compiling by itself. Your call again.

go-oo-{calc,draw,impress,math}
These are outdated and at best match the go-oo-bin-base package. We
however already have the functionality in [extra].

those i don't want to delete because is something else. first doen't
require to compile and the others are neat because users can install the
exact package that he wants to use rather than the whole suite

Also I'd like box2d-svn (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24278)
orphaned for me to pick up. The maintainer didn't show any effort to
communicate or fix the package.

orphaned

-- Sven-Hendrik