Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Daenyth Blank

Default How to include sources from sourceforge + creating links not provided by package

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 23:18, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Or not given it has absolutely no information...
>
> And is that not an "upstream" bug. *We close bugs for upstream feature
> requests in all other packages.

Given that I _am_ upstream, and I opened the FR...

Old 11-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Ray Rashif

2009/11/24 Ranguvar <ranguvar@archlinux.us>

> On links, you can just ln -s. For the first argument to ln, don't specify
> $pkgdir.
> This is correct for a PKGBUILD, for example:
>
> ln -s /opt/foo/foobin "$pkgdir/usr/bin/foobin"
>
> The link will be removed on uninstall.
>
> Hope that helps,
> -- Ranguvar

Just in case the OP takes this literally (and I have reason to believe so) -
that is _wrong_ for a _PKGBUILD_, correct for an install scriptlet i.e
foobar.install; post_install(), post_remove().

Old 11-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Laszlo Papp

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Ray Rashif wrote:
>>
>> 2009/11/24 Ranguvar <ranguvar@archlinux.us>
>>
>>> On links, you can just ln -s. *For the first argument to ln, don't
>>> specify
>>> $pkgdir.
>>> This is correct for a PKGBUILD, for example:
>>>
>>> ln -s /opt/foo/foobin "$pkgdir/usr/bin/foobin"
>>>
>>> The link will be removed on uninstall.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> -- Ranguvar
>>>

>> Just in case the OP takes this literally (and I have reason to believe so)
>> -
>> that is _wrong_ for a _PKGBUILD_, correct for an install scriptlet i.e
>> foobar.install; post_install(), post_remove().
>>

> Huh... *it looks the right way to create symlinks in a PKGBUILD to me.

Me too, and I saw this usage in core/extra/community repositories too.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

Old 11-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Ray Rashif

2009/11/24 Laszlo Papp <djszapi@archlinux.us>

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Ray Rashif wrote:

> >> Just in case the OP takes this literally (and I have reason to believe
> so)
> >> -
> >> that is _wrong_ for a _PKGBUILD_, correct for an install scriptlet i.e
> >> foobar.install; post_install(), post_remove().
> >>

> > Huh... it looks the right way to create symlinks in a PKGBUILD to me.
>
> Me too, and I saw this usage in core/extra/community repositories too.
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp

crap, read it the wrong way:

ln -s $pkgdir/foo foo will evaluate $pkgdir and link there, so eg.
$pkgdir/usr is not really /usr. ln -s foo $pkgdir/foo will still refer to
the real location so that is fine, right?