Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Chess Griffin

Default State of community64

Ronald van Haren wrote:
> It is really great to hear that you want to help out!
> But as you mentioned you don't have any packages in the AUR. How do we know
> you qualify for the job ? Did you do anything Arch related ? Do you have any
> project you work on ?

I've been using Arch for maybe 3-4 years. No, I have not been involved
in anything Arch related. Other projects include the Linux Reality
podcast, the Slackware scripts I maintain for Slackbuilds.org, the
patches I submit and the ports I maintain for FreeBSD, and the package I
maintain in the Debian tree.

> Best would be to take a bunch of packages in the AUR and show that you are
> capable of creating and maintaining packages.

Understood.

I'll start with the AUR.

Thanks,
Chess

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key: 0x0C7558C3

Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Chess Griffin

Timm Preetz wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 12:06 -0500, Chess Griffin wrote:
>> Timm Preetz wrote:
>>> Hmm, are you interested in becoming a TU? I think that would be the most
>>> common practise.
>> Yes, most definitely.
>
> Cool. So what are you waiting for, someone to sponsor you?

I'll work in the AUR for awhile and then seek out a sponsor.

Thanks.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key: 0x0C7558C3