Old 11-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Laszlo Papp

Default please delete this account

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:30 PM, solsTiCe d'Hiver
<solstice.dhiver@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi.
> there was this guy, nicknamed diblidabliduu on AUR.
> he bug me to update a package that i explained i have no reason to do
> so. he then repeatdly marked this package out-of-date.
> As the comments he made are gone i guess his account has been deleted.
>
> but this package has again been marked out-of-date by jfdlksafdskjl. i
> guess he's back. please delete this account

I saw yesterday in case of core/extra/community packages that when I'd
like to flag a package as out-of-date, I need for a confirmation, to
fill a form. Maybe it would be a good idea for AUR/unsupported
packages too (with captcha if possible).

Maybe this thread can help:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2009-October/006764.html

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

Old 11-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Phil Dillon-Thiselton

2009/10/13 Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/14 Farhan Yousaf <farhany@xaviya.com>
>
>> Do we really need a mechanism to let one person be able to mark the package
>> as outdated?
>

> Yep.
>
> What about marking the package outdated only if a certain
>> number of other users report it as such also?
>

> Nope.
>

>> And even then, only if the
>> user accounts marking them as such have not been generated recently?
>

> Nope.
>
> But maybe some sort of user/IP-blacklisting function.

IP Blacklisting? Pass that can of worms and I'll grab the opener.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Laszlo Papp

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Phil Dillon-Thiselton
<dibblethewrecker@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/13 Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com>:
>> 2009/10/14 Farhan Yousaf <farhany@xaviya.com>
>>
>>> Do we really need a mechanism to let one person be able to mark the package
>>> as outdated?
>>

>> Yep.
>>
>> What about marking the package outdated only if a certain
>>> number of other users report it as such also?
>>

>> Nope.
>>

>>> And even then, only if the
>>> user accounts marking them as such have not been generated recently?
>>

>> Nope.
>>
>> But maybe some sort of user/IP-blacklisting function.
>
> IP Blacklisting? *Pass that can of worms and I'll grab the opener.

IP can be changed easily, I think the best way that Aaron implemented
in that thread.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp