Old 11-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Ionut Biru

Default moving jython to AUR? (WAS: Out-of-date community packages)

On 11/17/2009 03:47 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

On 17/11/2009, Alexander Rødseth<rodseth@gmail.com> wrote:

The jython package is out of date in Community (2.2.1), while the
lastest version of Jython is 2.5.1
See: http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=jython

I wish there was an updated package of Jython in for instance
Community or AUR and I'm willing to make and maintain such a package.
I'm already maintaining several packages in AUR. See:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=trontonic&O=0&PP=25&SO=d&SB=v

Since I'm not a TU and I understand that one should not create
packages in AUR that already exists, I wonder what I can do to mend
the current situation.
Should I apply to become a TU, just submit a package named "jython" to
AUR and/or request that the current jython package is deleted?
How is this kind of situation normally handled?

Objections?

i rushed sending the other mail. is fine by me to move it in aur.

--
Ionut