Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Alexander Rødseth

Default Out-of-date community packages

Hi,

The jython package is out of date in Community (2.2.1), while the
lastest version of Jython is 2.5.1
See: http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=jython

I wish there was an updated package of Jython in for instance
Community or AUR and I'm willing to make and maintain such a package.
I'm already maintaining several packages in AUR. See:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=trontonic&O=0&PP=25&SO=d&SB=v

Since I'm not a TU and I understand that one should not create
packages in AUR that already exists, I wonder what I can do to mend
the current situation.
Should I apply to become a TU, just submit a package named "jython" to
AUR and/or request that the current jython package is deleted?
How is this kind of situation normally handled?

Best regards,
Alexander Rødseth

Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Ionut Biru

The jython package is out of date in Community (2.2.1), while the
lastest version of Jython is 2.5.1
See: http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=jython

I wish there was an updated package of Jython in for instance
Community or AUR and I'm willing to make and maintain such a package.
I'm already maintaining several packages in AUR. See:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=trontonic&O=0&PP=25&SO=d&SB=v

Since I'm not a TU and I understand that one should not create
packages in AUR that already exists, I wonder what I can do to mend
the current situation.
Should I apply to become a TU, just submit a package named "jython" to
AUR and/or request that the current jython package is deleted?
How is this kind of situation normally handled?

Best regards,
Alexander Rødseth

if you want you can update that package and send it to this mailing
list. I could update myself(there is a new version of forums too) but i
don't know how to test it. So please do that if you know how.

--
Ionut