Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Nuno André Jeremias de Aniceto

Default too many opera packages

In the AUR discussion forum, I (quarkup) proposed to make a cleanup on the
opera packages.

the forum topic is this and it is active:
you may find some more of the details in the forum

there is the "opera" package along with the following ones (as explained on
the forum):

aur/opera 10.01-1
aur/opera-b1 10.10-1
aur/opera-beta 10.10-10
aur/opera-beta-qt4 10.00b3-1 (Out of Date)
aur/opera-bundled 10.01-3
aur/opera-dev 10.10_4694-1
aur/opera-devel-qt4 10.10_4685-1 (Out of Date)
aur/opera-dev-qt4 10.00_4493-2 (Out of Date)
aur/opera-g4 LATEST-3
aur/opera-qt3 9.64-1
aur/opera-qt4 10.00-6 (Out of Date)
aur/opera-shared-b1 10.10-1
aur/opera-static 9.64-1 (Out of Date)
aur/opera-unite-devel-qt3 10.00_4440-3 (Out of Date)

many of these packages are out of date or are duplicateds.
Please check the proposal on the forum.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Stefan Husmann

Nuno André Jeremias de Aniceto schrieb:
[...]

Hello,

opera-beta-qt4 was deleted, because it was orphaned and a duplicate. The author requested deletion in the comments.

Please, if you are interested, read the forum thread. An Opera employee is doing delightfull comments there.

Regards Stefan

Old 11-13-2009, 04:49 AM
doorknob60

I agree, similar situation as chromium packages used to be, just waaay too
many.