Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Benoît Rouits

Default unparseable PKGBUILD

hello list,
Sorry if i post on the wrong list. I have several PKGBUILDs that were
parsed OK by the AUR website but are not anymore. The error given is
'unknown file format'. I re-read the PKGBUILD rules on the wiki but
did not found were was the issue. Attached is a PKGBUILD giving such
an error. Thanks for comments.
- ben
# Contributor: Benoit Rouits <brouits@free.fr>
pkgname=nall
pkgver=0.8
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="a user script-based everything notifier on the systray"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://herewe.servebeer.com/nall"
license=('GPL')
depends=('gtk2' 'glib2')
optdepends=('nagios-plugins' 'telnet' 'ssh' 'python')
makedepends=('make' 'gcc' 'pkgconfig')
source=(http://herewe.servebeer.com/nall/releases/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar)

build() {
cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"

make PREFIX=/usr || return 1
make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" PREFIX=/usr install
}
md5sums=('d4adbe6815371821b11630cbad16a07f')

Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On 10/11/2009, Benoît Rouits <brouits@free.fr> wrote:
> hello list,
> Sorry if i post on the wrong list. I have several PKGBUILDs that were
> parsed OK by the AUR website but are not anymore. The error given is
> 'unknown file format'. I re-read the PKGBUILD rules on the wiki but
> did not found were was the issue. Attached is a PKGBUILD giving such
> an error. Thanks for comments.
> - ben

maybe you sent the PKGBUILD instead of the tarball?
Anyway nall is already on AUR.

Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Ionut Biru

On 11/10/2009 01:24 AM, Benoît Rouits wrote:

hello list,
Sorry if i post on the wrong list. I have several PKGBUILDs that were
parsed OK by the AUR website but are not anymore. The error given is
'unknown file format'. I re-read the PKGBUILD rules on the wiki but
did not found were was the issue. Attached is a PKGBUILD giving such
an error. Thanks for comments.
- ben

uploading single PKGBUILD is deprecated. by sure that you make a tarball
with the name pkgname.tar.gz or do makepkg --source.

--
Ionut

Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On 10/11/2009, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 10/11/2009, Benoît Rouits <brouits@free.fr> wrote:
>> hello list,
>> Sorry if i post on the wrong list. I have several PKGBUILDs that were
>> parsed OK by the AUR website but are not anymore. The error given is
>> 'unknown file format'. I re-read the PKGBUILD rules on the wiki but
>> did not found were was the issue. Attached is a PKGBUILD giving such
>> an error. Thanks for comments.
>> - ben
>>
> maybe you sent the PKGBUILD instead of the tarball?
> Anyway nall is already on AUR.
Sorry, is late here and in fact I am going to sleep.
The pkgbuild is uploaded without problems on my local AUR.
remove the blank lines at top.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Laszlo Papp

> uploading single PKGBUILD is deprecated. by sure that you make a tarball
> with the name pkgname.tar.gz or do makepkg --source.
>
> --
> Ionut

It's a feature :
http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/commit/?id=de7c9ab787baf7c12e44c17d75b3b6cfe1c2bd97

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

Old 11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Ionut Biru

On 11/10/2009 01:34 AM, Laszlo Papp wrote:

uploading single PKGBUILD is deprecated. by sure that you make a tarball
with the name pkgname.tar.gz or do makepkg --source.

--
Ionut

It's a feature :
http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/commit/?id=de7c9ab787baf7c12e44c17d75b3b6cfe1c2bd97

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

i didn't said that is a bug. i said that is deprecated (a.k.a not
supported)

--
Ionut

Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Benoît Rouits

Ionut Biru wrote:

uploading single PKGBUILD is deprecated. by sure that you make a tarball
with the name pkgname.tar.gz or do makepkg --source.

Thanks, uploading the source pakcage worked fine.
Many thanks for your fast reply.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Laszlo Papp

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/2009 01:34 AM, Laszlo Papp wrote:
>>>
>>> uploading single PKGBUILD is deprecated. by sure that you make a tarball
>>> with the name pkgname.tar.gz or do makepkg --source.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ionut
>>>

>> It's a feature :
>>
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/aur.git/commit/?id=de7c9ab787baf7c12e44c17d75b3b6cfe1c2bd97
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Laszlo Papp
>
> i didn't said that is a bug. i said that is deprecated (a.k.a not supported)
>

> --
> Ionut

I didn't said you said it's a bug, I tried to paste the commit details
to justify your sentece in details, so I agreed with you here :P

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Cilyan Olowen

By the way, is it possible to upload to AUR PKGBUILDs that builds more
than one package and where pkgname is an array ?
This is supported by makepkg, but I don't know if the AUR interface
and aur helpers like yaourt can handle them ? One official example is
the mesa PKGBUILD[1] in extra that also produces ati-dri, intel-dri,
nouveau-dri, ...

Regards,

Cilyan

[1] http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages/mesa/repos/extra-i686/PKGBUILD