FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Alexander Lam
 
Default Delete Package kernel26-drm

Hello,

Please delete kernel26-drm. I accidentally gave it that name when updating
kernel26-nodrm

Cheers,
Alexander Lam
 
Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Xavier
 
Default Delete Package kernel26-drm

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Alexander Lam <lambchop468@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please delete kernel26-drm. I accidentally gave it that name when updating
> kernel26-nodrm
>
> Cheers,
> Alexander Lam
>

What's the point of this nodrm kernel ?

"This kernel is missing built in DRM on purpose, in order to allow the
out of kernel DRM modules like aur/mach64drm compile and function
properly"

I don't understand this. What prevents you to build out of kernel drm
modules with a normal kernel ?
 
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Alexander Lam
 
Default Delete Package kernel26-drm

For some reason, if the in kernel DRM was selected at compile time, *even*
if the out of kernel DRM is compiled and the in kernel-source-tree module is
replaced by the out-of-tree module, it won't work. I will check if the
situation has changed. (this began at 2.6.27)

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Xavier <shiningxc@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Alexander Lam <lambchop468@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please delete kernel26-drm. I accidentally gave it that name when
> updating
> > kernel26-nodrm
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Alexander Lam
> >
>
> What's the point of this nodrm kernel ?
>
> "This kernel is missing built in DRM on purpose, in order to allow the
> out of kernel DRM modules like aur/mach64drm compile and function
> properly"
>
> I don't understand this. What prevents you to build out of kernel drm
> modules with a normal kernel ?
>



--
Alexander Lam
ATCS 2010
 
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Xavier
 
Default Delete Package kernel26-drm

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Alexander Lam <lambchop468@gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason, if the in kernel DRM was selected at compile time, *even*
> if the out of kernel DRM is compiled and the in kernel-source-tree module is
> replaced by the out-of-tree module, it won't work. I will check if the
> situation has changed. (this began at 2.6.27)
>

Maybe you should define "won't work".
You need to install your modules in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/
to avoid conflicts and to get the priority on others.
See for example
http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages/nouveau-drm/repos/extra-x86_64/PKGBUILD

PS : no top post please
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org