Old 11-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Renato Garcia

Default Package in AUR with same name of one in extra

Hi,

Forgive me, I send the package opencv version 2.0.0 to AUR, without
change its name to opencv-2.0. Now there are two packages with name
opencv, one in extra (version 1.1pre1) and other in AUR (version
2.0.0).

If you could rename or delete the package in AUR, or update the package
in extra (it is orphan), I will be grateful.

Regards

Renato Garcia

Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Laszlo Papp

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Renato Garcia <fgar.renato@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgive me, I send the package opencv version 2.0.0 to AUR, without
> change its name to opencv-2.0. Now there are two packages with name
> opencv, one in extra (version 1.1pre1) and other in AUR (version
> 2.0.0).
>
> If you could rename or delete the package in AUR, or update the package
> in extra (it is orphan), I will be grateful.
>
> Regards
>
> Renato Garcia

Renaming can't be solved, just deleting.
Be patient, it will be updated soon

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Angel Velásquez

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Renato Garcia <fgar.renato@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Forgive me, I send the package opencv version 2.0.0 to AUR, without
>> change its name to opencv-2.0. Now there are two packages with name
>> opencv, one in extra (version 1.1pre1) and other in AUR (version
>> 2.0.0).
>>
>> If you could rename or delete the package in AUR, or update the package
>> in extra (it is orphan), I will be grateful.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Renato Garcia

Deleted.

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net

Old 11-03-2009, 05:05 AM
Renato Garcia

What is the better approach in this situations, put a package like
opencv-2.0 on AUR or don't distribute my up-to-date packages?

I say this because the package opencv is orphan, then there aren't
anybody to send the up-to-date PKGBUILD.

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 06:24:43 +0100
Laszlo Papp <djszapi@archlinux.us> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Renato Garcia <fgar.renato@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Forgive me, I send the package opencv version 2.0.0 to AUR, without
> > change its name to opencv-2.0. Now there are two packages with name
> > opencv, one in extra (version 1.1pre1) and other in AUR (version
> > 2.0.0).
> >
> > If you could rename or delete the package in AUR, or update the
> > package in extra (it is orphan), I will be grateful.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Renato Garcia
> >

> Renaming can't be solved, just deleting.
> Be patient, it will be updated soon
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp

Tue Nov 3 08:30:01 2009