Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Giorgio

Default Install in a click from AUR webpages

Here I little hack I coded to install packages directly from the AUR frontend.

Needed:
- yaourt
- Firefox with greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/748) or
any greasemonkey-scripts accepting browser.

Steps:

1. Create a small bash script called aur_opener.sh containing the
following code:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
gnome-terminal -x /usr/bin/yaourt -S ${1//aur:///}

2. Make the script executable

3. Open about:config in Firefox and add the following variable:

network.protocol-handler.app.aur

with value:

path to aur_opener.sh

>From now on, every time you click on a link like the following:
aur://pkgname yaourt will start.

4. Install the greasemonkey script AURlizer
(http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61015).

5. Visit any page on the AUR db. A new symbol [↓] will appear next to
the package name. Click on it and install!

Enjoy.
PS
Obviously, it would be very easy to implement this directly into
yaourt / the AUR db.

--
Giorgio F. Gilestro
http://www.gilestro.tk

Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Gergely Imreh

2009/11/2 Giorgio <giorgio@gilestro.tk>:
> Here I little hack I coded to install packages directly from the AUR frontend.
>
> Needed:
> - yaourt
> - Firefox with greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/748) or
> any greasemonkey-scripts accepting browser.
>
> Steps:
>
> 1. Create a small bash script called aur_opener.sh containing the
> following code:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env bash
> gnome-terminal -x /usr/bin/yaourt -S ${1//aur:///}
>
> 2. Make the script executable
>
> 3. Open about:config in Firefox and add the following variable:
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.aur
>
> with value:
>
> path to aur_opener.sh
>
> >From now on, every time you click on a link like the following:
> aur://pkgname yaourt will start.
>
> 4. Install the greasemonkey script AURlizer
> (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/61015).
>
> 5. Visit any page on the AUR db. A new symbol [↓] will appear next to
> the package name. Click on it and install!
>
> Enjoy.
> PS
> Obviously, it would be very easy to implement this directly into
> yaourt / the AUR db.
>

> --
> Giorgio F. Gilestro
> http://www.gilestro.tk
> +1 (608) 301 5864
> pgp id: 1024D/DE8D92BF

Interesting work, cheers! Probably this setup could be done as a
PKGBUILD (or at least most of it). Do you want to give that a try?
Greg