Old 10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Ray Rashif

Default chromium-ffmpeg-codecs

I can't even remember the name of the package, but it has codecs and ffmpeg
as part of its name.

Now, _why_ was it removed alongside the chromium packages? It was unrelated
to the browser package naming issue.

I'm just curious to know whether it was a mistake or a decision based upon a
certain resolution.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Randy Penguin

30571 from http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/waterfall/console

"Add yasm and ffmpeg into the build tree for linux. BUG=22307 TEST=builds
correctly, and an html5 video runs. Review URL:
http://codereview.chromium.org/300013"

Old 10-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Panos Filip

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't even remember the name of the package, but it has codecs and ffmpeg
> as part of its name.
>
> Now, _why_ was it removed alongside the chromium packages? It was unrelated
> to the browser package naming issue.
>
> I'm just curious to know whether it was a mistake or a decision based upon
> certain resolution.

Ffmpeg codecs are included in the zip folder from googlebot. The ffmpeg
PKGBUILDs where there, because the ppa build was split in many packages.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Ray Rashif

2009/10/31 Panos Filip <panosfilip@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I can't even remember the name of the package, but it has codecs and
> ffmpeg
> > as part of its name.
> >
> > Now, _why_ was it removed alongside the chromium packages? It was
> unrelated
> > to the browser package naming issue.
> >
> > I'm just curious to know whether it was a mistake or a decision based
> upon
> > certain resolution.
> >

> Ffmpeg codecs are included in the zip folder from googlebot. The ffmpeg
> PKGBUILDs where there, because the ppa build was split in many packages.

That's better, thanks.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Ray Rashif

2009/10/31 Randy Penguin <randypenguin@gmail.com>

> 30571 from http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/waterfall/console
>
> "Add yasm and ffmpeg into the build tree for linux. BUG=22307 TEST=builds
> correctly, and an html5 video runs. Review URL:
> http://codereview.chromium.org/300013"

Thanks for the heads up.