-   -   package removal/orphaning request: rubberband (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/269718-package-removal-orphaning-request-rubberband.html)

03-25-2009 09:20 AM

package removal/orphaning request: rubberband

Please orphan or remove this package, I'd be willing to take over but
the author of the PKGBUILD can have it back if he wants to.

For the following reasons:

-Wrong homepage link
-some minor things inside the PKGBUILD
-out of date since a few weeks

and most importantly:

-source isn't downloaded from the authors website and the downloaded
tarball is significantly larger than the original one:

rubberband-1.2.tar.bz 298627
rubberband-1.2-arch.tar.bz2 2739510

I won't attempt to see what the difference is, either way it's just
wrong to download a modified tarball from a third party website,
especially with an active project.

Best regards
Philipp