Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Timm Preetz

Default Uploading 32bit packages from 64bit system

Hi,

today I finally setup my 32bit build machine, to be able to provide
builds for i686 just in time with the ones for 64bit systems.

First of all, I put the CVS repo on the new computer, then SSH into it
and makepkg the packages.
(From my normal work machine I use import the CVS repo from the 32bit
machine as filesystem, so I don't have to keep two repos in sync).

So now I have the 32bit build on my building machine, and can easily
access that from my normal pc.

I there a way to upload that very 32bit build to community?

Or do I have to install "communitypkg" also on that remote machine?

This would be easily done, but I would hate spreading my passwords to
other machines.

Regards,
Timm

Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Abhishek Dasgupta

2009/3/20 Timm Preetz <timm@preetz.us>:
> So now I have the 32bit build on my building machine, and can easily
> access that from my normal pc.
>
> I there a way to upload that very 32bit build to community?
>
> Or do I have to install "communitypkg" also on that remote machine?

I've a 32 bit chroot on my 64 bit Core 2 Duo which I use to build packages.
There I manually edit ~/.tupkg and change the port; chroot and do
communitypkg.

Changing the port in ~/.tupkg and issuing CARCH=i686 linux32 communitypkg
should do the job, but I'm not sure.

--
Abhishek

Old 03-20-2009, 04:36 PM
"Kessia 'even' Pinheiro"

Do like me, install Virtualbox with archi686 or x86_64 (against your
local install) and build in both.

--
Kessia Pinheiro
Computer Science Student - Brazil, UFBa

Old 03-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Timm Preetz

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:36 -0300, Kessia 'even' Pinheiro wrote:

> Do like me, install Virtualbox with archi686 or x86_64 (against your
> local install) and build in both.

Sadly no Virtualbox for me as 64bit host yet (would work, but requires
some work to be done).

Also having using a spare computers save me some of my precious 2 GB RAM
(which is not that much actually). I don't think it could handle another
GNOME instance running inside Virtualbox.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Ronnie Collinson

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Timm Preetz <timm@preetz.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:36 -0300, Kessia 'even' Pinheiro wrote:
> >
> > Do like me, install Virtualbox with archi686 or x86_64 (against your
> > local install) and build in both.
>
> Sadly no Virtualbox for me as 64bit host yet (would work, but requires
> some work to be done).
>
> Also having using a spare computers save me some of my precious 2 GB RAM
> (which is not that much actually). I don't think it could handle another
> GNOME instance running inside Virtualbox.

But would you need gnome, if this is just for building packages?