Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Jens Maucher

Default become a TU

Hi all,

i'm using Arch since Gimmick (0.72), and now i think it is time to be a
part of active members like trusted users.

About me:
My name is Jens and i'm from Germany, 36 years young (old? *g*), and i'm
working as an electronic technician.

During my freetime i'm actually learning for my big ham-radio licence
python and a bit of bash programming.

At the moment i maintain 19 packages
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=defcon).

On the forum, wiki, aur and on irc i'm named as 'defcon'

Feel free to ask me, if something is obscure or you want to know more
about me.

Of cource i'm looking for someone to sponsor me (Stefan Husman, do u
like to this job? )

Kind regards
Jens 'defcon' Maucher

Old 03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Stefan Husmann

Jens Maucher schrieb:

Hi all,

i'm using Arch since Gimmick (0.72), and now i think it is time to be a
part of active members like trusted users.

About me:
My name is Jens and i'm from Germany, 36 years young (old? *g*), and i'm
working as an electronic technician.

During my freetime i'm actually learning for my big ham-radio licence
python and a bit of bash programming.

At the moment i maintain 19 packages
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=defcon).

On the forum, wiki, aur and on irc i'm named as 'defcon'

Feel free to ask me, if something is obscure or you want to know more
about me.

Of cource i'm looking for someone to sponsor me (Stefan Husman, do u
like to this job? )

Kind regards
Jens 'defcon' Maucher

Hello,

I want to sponsor the appliance. I know defcon from german Arch Linux
Forum and from jabber. I think, he will be able and willing to help us
maintaining the AUR and community repo. So let us start the five day
discussion period.

Regards Stefan

Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Allan McRae

Jens Maucher wrote:

At the moment i maintain 19 packages
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=defcon).

I had a look at zatoo
(http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zattoo/zattoo/PKGBUILD) and was quite
shocked... Symlinking libraries is really bad and can lead to a
supremely screwed up system. If you can't build from source, you need
to provide packages with leagacy libraries to fix this.

Allan