Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Christoph Zeiler

Default Deleting obsolete packages

I just went through some orphaned packages of mine and noticed
that some of them should be deleted from the AUR.

alephone-marathon-evil : replaced by alephone-evil
alephone-marathon-red : replaced by alephone-red
antargis : project not updated for ages, doesn't build anymore
bambi : Previous toy project of mine, not developed any further, outdated
URL
cleanwad : License doesn't allow repackaging
duke3d-hrp, duke3d-hrp-music, duke3d-hrp-xxx: Replaced by eduke32-hrp
freebasic-examples : Examples are now included in the freebasic package
freedoom-daily : Crappy PKGBUILD of mine
freedoom-svn : replaced by freedoom-git
instant : already in AUR (python-instant)
jfduke3d : not sure about this one, can't build it anymore (32bit only)
mars : project not updated for ages
nhopkg : not needed, pacman should suffice
ninja : not updated in years, link dead
quake2-retexture : uses updated copyrighted material, thusly illegal
software
slump : dead horse.
sterling : see above
timidity-shominst : contains samples of dubious origin, probably illegal
xwaded-cvs : abandoned project, crashes on my box

So that's my little list

--
Follow The White Rabyte . . .

Old 03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 14:24, Christoph Zeiler <rabyte@gmail.com> wrote:
> alephone-marathon-evil : replaced by alephone-evil
> alephone-marathon-red : replaced by alephone-red
> bambi : Previous toy project of mine, not developed any further, outdated
> URL
Deleted

> antargis : project not updated for ages, doesn't build anymore
Not going to delete

> cleanwad : License doesn't allow repackaging
A PKGBUILD is not a package, therefore the license isn't being broken.

> duke3d-hrp, duke3d-hrp-music, duke3d-hrp-xxx: Replaced by eduke32-hrp
> freebasic-examples : Examples are now included in the freebasic package
> freedoom-daily : Crappy PKGBUILD of mine
> freedoom-svn : replaced by freedoom-git
> instant : already in AUR (python-instant)
Deleted

> jfduke3d : not sure about this one, can't build it anymore (32bit only)
> mars : project not updated for ages
> nhopkg : not needed, pacman should suffice
Not deleting

> ninja : not updated in years, link dead
Deleted

> quake2-retexture : uses updated copyrighted material, thusly illegal
> software
See cleanwad

> slump : dead horse.
Not deleting

> sterling : see above
Deleted

> timidity-shominst : contains samples of dubious origin, probably illegal
Not deleting for now, but perhaps it should be looked into

Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 AM

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:02:09 -0500
Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 14:24, Christoph Zeiler <rabyte@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > jfduke3d : not sure about this one, can't build it anymore (32bit
> > only) mars : project not updated for ages
> > nhopkg : not needed, pacman should suffice
> Not deleting

Please have a look at the jfduke3d PKGBUILD, it's a bad joke..
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jfduke3d/jfduke3d/PKGBUILD

Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM, <hollunder@gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:02:09 -0500
> Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 14:24, Christoph Zeiler <rabyte@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > jfduke3d : not sure about this one, can't build it anymore (32bit
>> > only) mars : project not updated for ages
>> > nhopkg : not needed, pacman should suffice
>> Not deleting
>
> Please have a look at the jfduke3d PKGBUILD, it's a bad joke..
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jfduke3d/jfduke3d/PKGBUILD

Deleted.