FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

Please remove or ophan stackless-python and clojure-svn and let me take
over those packages (My AUR nick is Svenstaro).
I've contacted both authors but they didn't answer in two weeks and show
no interest in Arch anymore.
I think it is safe to assume that they have forgotten they even made
those packages. I hereby solemnly swear that I will take care of the
packages like they were my own flesh and blood, I shall shelter them
from fire and certain death.

Also, please remove/ban the firestarter in extra, it is a very old, now
broken piece of software which hasn't seen any love for quite a long
time. In it's current state, it endangers users more than it helps keep
them secure, therefore I request a removal and ban if possible until the
firestarter project eventually releases a new version.

Sven
 
Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> wrote:
> I hereby solemnly swear that I will take care of the
> packages like they were my own flesh and blood, I shall shelter them
> from fire and certain death.
>

It would be a nice idea to add an oath like that you have to agree to like
it happens with certain licenses. The oath of the AUR packager.

> Also, please remove/ban the firestarter in extra, it is a very old, now
> broken piece of software which hasn't seen any love for quite a long
> time. In it's current state, it endangers users more than it helps keep
> them secure, therefore I request a removal and ban if possible until the
> firestarter project eventually releases a new version.

+1

--
Greg
 
Old 03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>> Also, please remove/ban the firestarter in extra, it is a very old, now
>> broken piece of software which hasn't seen any love for quite a long
>> time. In it's current state, it endangers users more than it helps keep
>> them secure, therefore I request a removal and ban if possible until the
>> firestarter project eventually releases a new version.
>
> +1

Huh? It's the same version as the official release. What's wrong with it?
 
Old 03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>>> Also, please remove/ban the firestarter in extra, it is a very old, now
>>> broken piece of software which hasn't seen any love for quite a long
>>> time. In it's current state, it endangers users more than it helps keep
>>> them secure, therefore I request a removal and ban if possible until the
>>> firestarter project eventually releases a new version.
>>
>> +1
>
> Huh? It's the same version as the official release. What's wrong with it?
>

Its unmaintained for more than 4 years. Last release 29 Jan 2005.
The ChangeLog hasnt been touched for 7+ years.
Pesonally I dont have a problem with it if it still works.
But since someone brought it up..
Also interesting:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=491AF581.1030004%40ono.com&f orum_name=firestarter-user

--
Greg
 
Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> wrote:
>>>> Also, please remove/ban the firestarter in extra, it is a very old, now
>>>> broken piece of software which hasn't seen any love for quite a long
>>>> time. In it's current state, it endangers users more than it helps keep
>>>> them secure, therefore I request a removal and ban if possible until the
>>>> firestarter project eventually releases a new version.
>>>
>>> +1
>>
>> Huh? It's the same version as the official release. What's wrong with it?
>>
>
> Its unmaintained for more than 4 years. Last release 29 Jan 2005.
> The ChangeLog hasnt been touched for 7+ years.
> Pesonally I dont have a problem with it if it still works.
> But since someone brought it up..

Ah, so Sven, is the package actually broken? Or is it still usable for
some people?
 
Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Daenyth Blank
 
Default Package removal/orphan request (stackless-python, clojure-svn, firestarter)

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 16:47, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com> wrote:
> So what has become of my request? Other packages are removed rather
> quickly on here, but the packages that I requested to be removed or to
> become owner of in AUR haven't changed their status.
>

Probably just got forgotten among the firestarter discussion. Orphaned now
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org