FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default dropping Gnash?

Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?

If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.

I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
for Adobe flash.

-Andy
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default dropping Gnash?

Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?

If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.

I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
for Adobe flash.

-Andy
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Eduardo Romero
 
Default dropping Gnash?

On Thursday 05 March 2009 12:44:15 pm Andreas Radke wrote:
> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>
> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>
> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
> for Adobe flash.
>
> -Andy
Arch Linux Revolts Against GNASH. I just can picture it. :P
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Dusty Phillips
 
Default dropping Gnash?

2009/3/5 Eduardo Romero <k3nsai@gmail.com>:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 12:44:15 pm Andreas Radke wrote:
>> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
>> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>>
>> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>>
>> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
>> for Adobe flash.
>>
>> -Andy
> Arch Linux Revolts Against GNASH. I just can picture it. :P

I'm worried, all this fun we're making of the media, Eduardo but... as
newsletter contributors, we're practically media ourselves! What if we
fall into the same trap?

Oh but I forgot, Arch is so cool it doesn't need to be sensationalized!

Dusty
 
Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Eduardo Romero
 
Default dropping Gnash?

On Thursday 05 March 2009 01:28:55 pm Dusty Phillips wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Eduardo Romero <k3nsai@gmail.com>:
> > On Thursday 05 March 2009 12:44:15 pm Andreas Radke wrote:
> >> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
> >> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
> >>
> >> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
> >>
> >> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
> >> for Adobe flash.
> >>
> >> -Andy
> >
> > Arch Linux Revolts Against GNASH. I just can picture it. :P
>
> I'm worried, all this fun we're making of the media, Eduardo but... as
> newsletter contributors, we're practically media ourselves! What if we
> fall into the same trap?
>
> Oh but I forgot, Arch is so cool it doesn't need to be sensationalized!
>
> Dusty
Yeah, well, the fun is new and not burned out yet, so there can be a few
spawns more of this fun, so devs and users alike, make sure to use thme
before it burns out. ;-)

Anyways, has GNASH gotten to a usable state? Last I used it I could not
see anything which was interesting to see with flash.
 
Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default dropping Gnash?

Andreas Radke schrieb:

Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?

If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.

I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
for Adobe flash.


I just read an article today about new developments in gnash:
http://www.heise.de/open/Freier-Flash-Player-macht-Fortschritte--/news/meldung/134036/from/rss09
English: http://www.h-online.com/open/Gnash-0-85-release--/news/112779
Maybe it is better than swfdec now, who knows

The project is alive, but I don't particularly care about it since
Adobe's 64 bit beta player works good enough for me. If you want to drop
it, then do it.
 
Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default dropping Gnash?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>
> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>
> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
> for Adobe flash.

It's sad that gnash isn't more well loved, but if you don't have the
time required to maintain it, perhaps a TU would be better.

Unless someone wants to pick it up... how often do they update?
 
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default dropping Gnash?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
>> Gnash is in Orphaned state for a long time. Is there any Dev wanting to
>> pick it up? Any TU wants to maintain it?
>>
>> If not we will remove it so our community might pick it up for AUR.
>>
>> I myself will keep maintaining swfdec in extra as an OSS alternative
>> for Adobe flash.
>
> It's sad that gnash isn't more well loved, but if you don't have the
> time required to maintain it, perhaps a TU would be better.
>
> Unless someone wants to pick it up... how often do they update?
>

If they don't update often and if no other dev/TU is willing to adopt
it, I could just update it for this time being. Lately, I've been
busy updating orphaned packages so a couple more won't matter . In
fact, I was about to post a status report on the remaining ones. I
will do that sometime soon.
 
Old 03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Andreas Radke
 
Default dropping Gnash?

Am Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:19:57 -0500
schrieb Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com>:


> If they don't update often and if no other dev/TU is willing to adopt
> it, I could just update it for this time being. Lately, I've been
> busy updating orphaned packages so a couple more won't matter . In
> fact, I was about to post a status report on the remaining ones. I
> will do that sometime soon.
>

gnash-common and -gtk have been added to AUR. please decide to update
the official packages/remove AUR ones or leave them up to the community.

your choice.

-Andy
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org