Old 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Default bacula package

hola!

I packaged the latest version of Bacula, so I wish to publish it, but
there's
already an older package in AUR that I can't replace.

Could you help me?
thanks

Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
"Callan Barrett"

On Jan 1, 2008 12:11 AM, <kalos@autistici.org> wrote:
> I packaged the latest version of Bacula, so I wish to publish it, but
> there's
> already an older package in AUR that I can't replace.

Alright, seems this PKGBUILD was uploaded almost 2 years ago and never
touched again. I have orphaned it, please adopt it before uploading
your own PKGBUILD.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett

Old 01-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Gour

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:11:48 +0000
<kalos@autistici.org> wrote:

Hi!

> I packaged the latest version of Bacula, so I wish to publish it, but
> there's already an older package in AUR that I can't replace.

Thank you for your attempt to bring bacula packge up-to-date.

I'm installing it at the moment, but see that it has mysql deps.

Will it be possible to remove mysql dep and just inform user to install
some database back-end 'cause Bacula can use either MySQL, PostgreSQL
or even SQLite, although, I agree, configuring Bacula with different
back-ends involve some extra hacking?

Sincerely,
Gour

Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Gerhard Brauer

Gruesse!
* Gour <gour@mail.inet.hr> schrieb am [01.01.08 11:32]:
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:11:48 +0000
> <kalos@autistici.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> > I packaged the latest version of Bacula, so I wish to publish it, but
> > there's already an older package in AUR that I can't replace.
>
> Thank you for your attempt to bring bacula packge up-to-date.
>
> I'm installing it at the moment, but see that it has mysql deps.
>
> Will it be possible to remove mysql dep and just inform user to install
> some database back-end 'cause Bacula can use either MySQL, PostgreSQL
> or even SQLite, although, I agree, configuring Bacula with different
> back-ends involve some extra hacking?

I'm not a TU nor a developer, but:
Is is not the better way that all different SQL-Server have a
"sql-server" in provides field and packages like bacula only depend on
this?

This is IMHO the way that: man PKGBUILD show for such situations.

Gerhard (gerbra@archlinux.de)

--
Die NASA brauchte 12 Jahre um einen Kugelschreiber zu entwickeln, der
kopfueber, in der Schwerelosigkeit und unter Wasser schreiben kann.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
kalos

Il 1/1/2008 11:32 Gour ha scritto:
> Thank you for your attempt to bring bacula packge up-to-date.
>
> I'm installing it at the moment, but see that it has mysql deps.
>
> Will it be possible to remove mysql dep and just inform user to install
> some database back-end 'cause Bacula can use either MySQL, PostgreSQL
> or even SQLite, although, I agree, configuring Bacula with different
> back-ends involve some extra hacking?

No, it's no possible, because bacula must have a database library in build
time.
IMHO the KISS solution is write 3 different PKGBUILD..
ex: 'bacula' packet have a _standard_ depend db: mysql, 'bacula-sqlite' have
sqlite db etc..

Another important question is the PKGBUILD of the various clients: bconsole
(text), bat(qt4+qwt), gconsole(gnome/gtk) and wxconsole(wxWindget)

I try to write PKGBUILD for various db backend and for all clients ..

Have patience it's my first AUR packet

(ehm.. sorry for my english! )

Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
"Jan de Groot"

Remember that we have library-only packages for mysql and postgresql, so you can save yourself the work for splitting these things up. Depending on postgresql and mysql itself is not-done, as you should have the choice to run the database on a different host.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM
kalos

Il 2/1/2008 12:04 Jan de Groot ha scritto:

> Remember that we have library-only packages for mysql and postgresql, so
> you can save yourself the work for splitting these things up. Depending on
> postgresql and mysql itself is not-done, as you should have the choice to
> run the database on a different host.

Oops! I fix this depending bug.. sorry and thank you!