Old 03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Default why my package was deleted?

Hi

I make a package "perl-ack" and was delete without any
reason/notification. I guess it was because they thought it was a
duplicate of the "unsupported/ack" but this is not true.
The "unsupported/ack" only contains a standalone "ack", without any perl
module for develop app that uses ack, and no manpages.

My package contains:

usr/bin/perlbin/vendor/ack
usr/share/man/man1/ack.1p.gz
usr/share/man/man3/Plugin.3pm.gz
usr/share/man/man3/Resource.3pm.gz
usr/share/man/man3/Repository.3pm.gz
usr/share/man/man3/Basic.3pm.gz
usr/share/man/man3/Ack.3pm.gz
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack.pm
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Repository.pm
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin/
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Resource.pm
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin.pm
usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin/Basic.pm

Reupload?

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I make a package "perl-ack" and was delete without any
> reason/notification. I guess it was because they thought it was a
> duplicate of the "unsupported/ack" but this is not true.
> The "unsupported/ack" only contains a standalone "ack", without any
perl
> module for develop app that uses ack, and no manpages.
>
> My package contains:
>
> usr/bin/perlbin/vendor/ack
> usr/share/man/man1/ack.1p.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/Plugin.3pm.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/Resource.3pm.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/Repository.3pm.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/Basic.3pm.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/Ack.3pm.gz
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack.pm
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Repository.pm
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin/
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Resource.pm
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin.pm
> usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/App/Ack/Plugin/Basic.pm
>
> Reupload?

Sorry, I was not aware that your package includes so much more than the
ack package when I deleted it. But the better way would be to contact
the current maintainer via email or AUR comment page and to convince him
to use your package or to orphan it for you.

Regards Stefan