Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 PM
M Rawash

Default Package Removal Request (various)

here's a few packages that are no longer needed in AUR

- hamster-applet (part of gnome, in extra)
- xulrunner-devel (older than extra/xulrunner)
- ejourn (project no longer exists)
- openoffice.org-style-human (no longer exists)
- gnome-device-manager (part of gnome, in extra)
- gnome-panel-ubuntu (no longer exists)
- firefox-qt-mercurial-ubuntu (no longer exists)

i suggest the TU's do a "AUR cleanup day", we sort of had something like
that back in openSUSE, where the devs get together (on irc) and organise
a "bug squashing day" - basically we go into bugzilla and pickup invalid
and wontfix bugs and start deleting or otherwise fix/assign them -
ideas?

regards,
M Rawash

Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Allan McRae

M Rawash wrote:

i suggest the TU's do a "AUR cleanup day", we sort of had something like
that back in openSUSE, where the devs get together (on irc) and organise
a "bug squashing day" - basically we go into bugzilla and pickup invalid
and wontfix bugs and start deleting or otherwise fix/assign them -
ideas?

We did do a AUR clean-up day once. Bug squashing days occur sometimes
too... They are just fairly irregular.

Allan