Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

Default moreutils in community

Hello,

according to the recent proposal (see
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-December/003207.html)
there should not be packages added to community with less than 10 votes
or less than 1% in pkgstats. The new package moreutils violates this.

So what is to do now?

Regards

Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Geoffroy Carrier

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 23:43, stefan-husmann@t-online.de
<stefan-husmann@t-online.de> wrote:
> So what is to do now?

Well I love those tools, so I'd say... Let's vote!

--
Geoffroy Carrier

Old 02-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Allan McRae

stefan-husmann@t-online.de wrote:

Hello,

according to the recent proposal (see
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-December/003207.html)

there should not be packages added to community with less than 10 votes
or less than 1% in pkgstats. The new package moreutils violates this.

So what is to do now?

Well, that package does violate the rules for addition. So, I suppose
we yell at Sergej....

SERGEJ - DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Please reply so we know you have been yelled
at and you will be following rules in the future.

I guess repeat offenses should result in discussion periods. We never
really discussed how to enforce the rules - I guess we though we were
all good people...

I actually have a list of packages in [community] as of 2009-01-03 (I
was monitoring additions for the first month) so I think I will do a
diff later today.

Allan

Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Loui Chang

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 09:07:28AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> stefan-husmann@t-online.de wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > according to the recent proposal (see
> > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-December/003207.html)
> > there should not be packages added to community with less than 10 votes
> > or less than 1% in pkgstats. The new package moreutils violates this.
> > So what is to do now?
>
> Well, that package does violate the rules for addition. So, I suppose we
> yell at Sergej....
>
> SERGEJ - DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Please reply so we know you have been yelled at
> and you will be following rules in the future.

I think gpsim http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22858 may have
violated the rule as well.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Giovanni Scafora

2009/2/26, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
> SERGEJ - DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Please reply so we know you have been yelled at
> and you will be following rules in the future.

Sergej again...???
I noticed he has broke community (No new package supplied for dictd 1.9.15-1).
BTW, I already solved that...

--
Arch Linux Developer (voidnull)
AUR & Pacman Italian Translations

Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Loui Chang

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 06:10:19PM -0500, Loui Chang wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 09:07:28AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> > stefan-husmann@t-online.de wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > according to the recent proposal (see
> > > http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-December/003207.html)
> > > there should not be packages added to community with less than 10 votes
> > > or less than 1% in pkgstats. The new package moreutils violates this.
> > > So what is to do now?
> >
> > Well, that package does violate the rules for addition. So, I suppose we
> > yell at Sergej....
> >
> > SERGEJ - DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Please reply so we know you have been yelled at
> > and you will be following rules in the future.
>
> I think gpsim http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22858 may have
> violated the rule as well.

Ah maybe not so much. It's a dependency for ktechlab