Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Default pkgs that are in community and have "lost" tar.gz in unsupported.

Loui Chang wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:28:42PM -0200, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>
>> I do not know if this is intentional, but when in doubt I will let you know.
>> I did a comparison of the existence of packages that are
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/{pkgname}/ and also in
>> community/{category}/{pkgname}.
>> The list[#1] ({date} {pkgname}) have 1282 entries, and are sorted by
>> date. (2005-2009). They may be removed, I do not know. I hope this will
>> be helpful.
>>

> Hmm! Nice catch. Yep they may be removed. I ought to update the clean
> up script for this. Thanks for the notice.

Are welcomed

There are other list but this is from extra vs unsupported, although
this is bit delicate.

aif (old in AUR)
allegro (old in extra, Orphan)
anthy (old in extra, Orphan)
aspell-nl (same version in extra)
autopano-sift-c (same version in extra)
daemontools (mmm are in ABS/extra but don't have a binary
package, same version in AUR)
darcs (old in extra)
ftgl (old in extra, Orphan)
gnome-device-manager (orphaned in AUR)
hamster-applet (old in AUR)
kdevelop (already in testing a new more version of this
"unstable" version)
konq-plugins (orphaned and old in AUR, (for KDE3x), maybe need
to rename kdemod3-konq-plugins))
ktorrent (old in extra, but missing tar.gz in AUR)
libcaca (need to rename in AUR to libcaca-extra)
libedit (same in extra)
libical (old in AUR, and is orphaned)
libzrtpcpp (very old in AUR, 2006)
ne (same version in extra, but no tar.gz in AUR)
nethack (no tar.gz in AUR, old in extra)
oxine (very old in AUR, 2007)
pal (old in extra, Orphan)
perl-date-manip (old in extra)
perl-test-pod (eq ver, but missing license)
r (already in extra, missing tar.gz in AUR)
scim (old in extra, Orphan)
scim-anthy (old in extra, Orphan)
sweep (very old in AUR, 2006)
truecrypt (comment from the contributor: "I will keep it
around in case there's another major version lag.")
tsocks (very old pkg 2006, don't build, url 404)
tvtime (old in extra, Orphan)
uim (old in extra, Orphan)
words (distinct packages, but same name)
xf86-video-radeonhd (old in AUR)
zsnes (use alsa instead of sdl, maybe a comment for the
autor to rename zsnes-alsa?)

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> ftgl (old in extra, Orphan)

oops here!, the version in extra is a "stable", and in AUR is a "unstable".
Maybe this package need to be renamed to ftgl-beta ?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:16 AM

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:53:49 -0200
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Loui Chang wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:28:42PM -0200, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
> > wrote:
> >> I do not know if this is intentional, but when in doubt I will let
> >> you know. I did a comparison of the existence of packages that are
> >> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/{pkgname}/ and also in
> >> community/{category}/{pkgname}.
> >> The list[#1] ({date} {pkgname}) have 1282 entries, and are sorted
> >> by date. (2005-2009). They may be removed, I do not know. I hope
> >> this will be helpful.
> >>

> > Hmm! Nice catch. Yep they may be removed. I ought to update the
> > clean up script for this. Thanks for the notice.
> >
> Are welcomed
>
> There are other list but this is from extra vs unsupported, although
> this is bit delicate.
>
> sweep (very old in AUR, 2006)

I'm for deletion, the one in extra is the latest, and afaik we
shouldn't have stuff in AUR with the same name anyway. If there is a new
version that extra doesn't pick up fast enough someone will just make
another AUR package.
It's not like we (audio users) wouldn't need to do that anyway.

Philipp

Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Loui Chang wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:28:42PM -0200, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>
>> I do not know if this is intentional, but when in doubt I will let you know.
>> I did a comparison of the existence of packages that are
>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/{pkgname}/ and also in
>> community/{category}/{pkgname}.
>> The list[#1] ({date} {pkgname}) have 1282 entries, and are sorted by
>> date. (2005-2009). They may be removed, I do not know. I hope this will
>> be helpful.
>>

> Hmm! Nice catch. Yep they may be removed. I ought to update the clean
> up script for this. Thanks for the notice.

I created a FS entry, to stay stick it

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13631