Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Ghost1227

Default Discussion regarding TU Swiergot

Over the last few months, I have noticed that TU Swiergot has neglected
his packages in community. I first noticed this with the cinelerra-cv
package which was several months out of date and using the now-defunct
cvs repo (cinelerra-cv switched to git two months ago). I posted a
cinelerra-cv-git package to the AUR and attempted several times to
contact him. Two months went by and I got no reply from any of the
several addresses he has, so I discussed the situation with another TU,
then updated his cinelerra-cv package and sent him another email
notifying him of the update. I have since taken a look through his
packages and the bugtracker. He has several packages marked out of date
(and some have comments explaining fixes), as well as a handful of open
bugs on the bugtracker. Since I have been unable to contact him through
any means, I propose orphaning his packages so that more available TUs
can take over the responsibility for them. There are several that I
would be happy to take over (assaultcube, cinelerra-cv, cube, dosemu,
fcrackzip, nexuiz, qemu-launcher, stegdetect, steghide, supertux and
maybe a few others), and some of his packages (including some of the
ones i'll take) should be dropped to the AUR.

Discuss