Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Default Bad packages in AUR

Please see these packages, it contains a builded packages, binaries and some sources.

...and there are many more.

I am preparing another list, but much more extensive. But first I have a question: in unsupported the packages.tar.gz may contain "tarballs" of the sources?, because I see that there are
several that have this? (some are a mistake of the user that uploaded that and in array of source download of the homepage) In the AUR Guidelines there is no reference to this.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Old 02-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Ray Rashif

Nope. Just the buildscript and any necessary requirements that cannot be
downloaded by the user. You won't be stopping soon, that I can assure you.
There are bound to be such packages around..

Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

> Please see these packages, it contains a builded packages, binaries
> and some sources.

> * http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=199
>
> ...and there are many more.
>
> I am preparing another list, but much more extensive. But first I have
> a question: in unsupported the packages.tar.gz may contain "tarballs"
> of the sources?, because I see that there are several that have this?
> (some are a mistake of the user that uploaded that and in array of
> source download of the homepage) In the AUR Guidelines there is no
> reference to this.
>

> --
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
> http://www.djgera.com.ar
> KeyID: 0x1B8C330D
> Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219 *76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D

Hello,

findwild was mine, I did a fresh upload, that fixed it.
I deleted micq (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7928) because
last update was 2006 and the maintainer did not respond to the comments
of several users (program was renamed to climm).

For *the other packages I left a comment. The
AUR comment page looks strange. Where I expect the comment button, there
is the word "poop".
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20933 is okay, there are only
small files uploaded.
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14252 is okay, too.
Thank you for notification.
Regards Stefan

Old 02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Loui Chang

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:03:50AM +0100, stefan-husmann@t-online.de wrote:
> findwild was mine, I did a fresh upload, that fixed it.
> I deleted micq (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7928) because
> last update was 2006 and the maintainer did not respond to the comments
> of several users (program was renamed to climm).
>
> For *the other packages I left a comment. The
> AUR comment page looks strange. Where I expect the comment button, there
> is the word "poop".
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20933 is okay, there are only
> small files uploaded.
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14252 is okay, too.
> Thank you for notification.

I was deleting some of the files. Have a look at the tarballs though.
They're much bigger than your average set of build scripts.

Where are you seeing 'poop'?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

> > findwild was mine, I did a fresh upload, that fixed it.
> > I deleted micq (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7928)
> > because last update was 2006 and the maintainer did not respond to
> > the comments of several users (program was renamed to climm).
> >
> > For *the other packages I left a comment. The
> > AUR comment page looks strange. Where I expect the comment button,
> > there is the word "poop".
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20933 is okay, there are
> > only small files uploaded.
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14252 is okay, too.
> > Thank you for notification.
> >

> I was deleting some of the files. Have a look at the tarballs though.
> They're much bigger than your average set of build scripts.
>
> Where are you seeing 'poop'?

The poop is gone, sorry, I do not remember where I saw it..

Regards Stefan

Old 02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM, stefan-husmann@t-online.de
<stefan-husmann@t-online.de> wrote:
>> From: Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com>
>> Where are you seeing 'poop'?
>>

> The poop is gone, sorry, I do not remember where I saw it..

This is the best exchange on this list yet.

If the button text changed, I imagine someone (wizzo?) was testing something

Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

> > The poop is gone, sorry, I do not remember where I saw it..
>
> This is the best exchange on this list yet.
>
> If the button text changed, I imagine someone (wizzo?) was testing
> something

Oops, I probably should look up words I do not know before posting them.
There may be little children reading this.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 18:19, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where are you seeing 'poop'?

I was seeing it too, when I used the link from a notification email. I
think it happens when the URL is malformed... the name of the
commenter was appended to the URL after the package ID, and all
comments on the page were gone leaving "poop" there.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
"stefan-husmann@t-online.de"

> I was seeing it too, when I used the link from a notification email. I
> think it happens when the URL is malformed... the name of the
> commenter was appended to the URL after the package ID, and all
> comments on the page were gone leaving "poop" there.

Thank you, at least I am not hallucinating.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Loui Chang

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 06:50:18PM -0500, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 18:19, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Where are you seeing 'poop'?
>
> I was seeing it too, when I used the link from a notification email. I
> think it happens when the URL is malformed... the name of the
> commenter was appended to the URL after the package ID, and all
> comments on the page were gone leaving "poop" there.

Ooops that was me. Pardon.