Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Andrei Thorp

Default Taking over abandoned but not orphaned package

Hello,

I'm trying to slowly work my way into the Arch Community, and I'm starting
by taking over some packages on AUR. One that I use myself and would like to
take over is the package for DevTodo. This package has been unmaintained for
at least a few months now, and the maintainer's e-mail bounces. The package
is flagged out of date and doesn't build without modification. I've got an
updated PKGBUILD and have filed a bug to the author at some point. I also
run this software on both my 32 and 64 bit machines. Any chance a TU could
pass on maintainership to me, or at least orphan the package? I've read that
usually there is a warning to the maintainer, but he seems to be
unreachable.

Thanks,

-Andrei Thorp

Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Allan McRae

Andrei Thorp wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to slowly work my way into the Arch Community, and I'm starting
by taking over some packages on AUR. One that I use myself and would like to
take over is the package for DevTodo. This package has been unmaintained for
at least a few months now, and the maintainer's e-mail bounces. The package
is flagged out of date and doesn't build without modification. I've got an
updated PKGBUILD and have filed a bug to the author at some point. I also
run this software on both my 32 and 64 bit machines. Any chance a TU could
pass on maintainership to me, or at least orphan the package? I've read that
usually there is a warning to the maintainer, but he seems to be
unreachable.

I have orphaned it for you. You have done what is required to attempt
to contact the maintainer.

Allan

Old 02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Andrei Thorp