Old 02-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Angel Velásquez

Default TU Resignation angvp

Hi all,

I've thinking this for a while, and it is, I quit (I had many doubts
about if I am doing the right thing, so this wasn't an easy choice).

I want to thank those all people who helped me (hdoria, Allan, BaSh,
voidnull, dsa, bardo, and someother ppl), and I beg to the people that
I've sponsored (Anders,haawda,even,ornitorrincos) don't feel
disappointed, I trusted you to be here, and I hope to have you here
for long time :-).

Unfortunatelly, I got disappointed with many things, then I lost my
enthusiasm... So I decided to left apart the crew and make more effort
on other goals in my life. I will continue using Arch (until now I
still thinking "Arch is the best distro that I found"), but I won't
continue collaborating like I usually did, but surelly I will be
pleased to be helpful if anyone needs me.

This was a good chapter in my life, because I really enjoyed being a
TU and being a part of an important Open Source project (for me Arch
was very important in my life). Feel free to grab and drop any of my
packages, I won't continue maintaining them, for now no-one is
out-of-date, just mysql-gui-tools, because r14 isn't easy at all to
build, and I tried several times but I failed to package a version
with this release..

Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
(who knows?) I will got involved again.

--
Angel 'angvp' Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net

Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Loui Chang

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:44:42PM +1930, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.

You surely were one of the more enthusiastic members. I thought you were
only getting started! Yeah we really do need more enthusiastic and
involved people. Anyways, it sucks to see you go, but I'm sure we'll see
you around. Cheers pal.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Thayer Williams

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Angel Velásquez <angvp@archlinux.com.ve> wrote:

> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.

Though we never had an opportunity to work together, I wish you all
the best Angel and thank you for the time and energy you have
contributed to this project. It is often a thankless job, but rest
assured that we devs know exactly how much work is involved
maintaining packages. Good luck and cheers!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Abhishek Dasgupta

2009/2/12 Angel Velásquez <angvp@archlinux.com.ve>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've thinking this for a while, and it is, I quit (I had many doubts
> about if I am doing the right thing, so this wasn't an easy choice).
>
> I want to thank those all people who helped me (hdoria, Allan, BaSh,
> voidnull, dsa, bardo, and someother ppl), and I beg to the people that
> I've sponsored (Anders,haawda,even,ornitorrincos) don't feel
> disappointed, I trusted you to be here, and I hope to have you here
> for long time :-).
>
> Unfortunatelly, I got disappointed with many things, then I lost my
> enthusiasm... So I decided to left apart the crew and make more effort
> on other goals in my life. I will continue using Arch (until now I
> still thinking "Arch is the best distro that I found"), but I won't
> continue collaborating like I usually did, but surelly I will be
> pleased to be helpful if anyone needs me.
>
> This was a good chapter in my life, because I really enjoyed being a
> TU and being a part of an important Open Source project (for me Arch
> was very important in my life). Feel free to grab and drop any of my
> packages, I won't continue maintaining them, for now no-one is
> out-of-date, just mysql-gui-tools, because r14 isn't easy at all to
> build, and I tried several times but I failed to package a version
> with this release..
>
> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.
>

> --
> Angel 'angvp' Velásquez
> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
> Linux Counter: #359909
> Arch Linux Trusted User (I really will miss this part of my signature)

Thanks for all you have done in Arch, and
Cheers and best of luck in whatever you do!

--
Abhishek

Old 02-12-2009, 03:59 AM
Ghost1227

Angel Velásquez wrote:

[...]

Best of luck with wherever you find yourself! You will be missed!

--
Your Fortune...
---------------

Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Evangelos Foutras

I'm saddened to see you go but if that's your decision it has to be respected.

Thank you for all your contributions to Arch so far and best of luck
with whatever you decide to pursue next!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Allan McRae

Sad to hear that you are leaving. Good luck with whatever you decide to
do in the future.

Allan

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Andrea Scarpino

2009/2/12 Angel Velásquez <angvp@archlinux.com.ve>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've thinking this for a while, and it is, I quit (I had many doubts
> about if I am doing the right thing, so this wasn't an easy choice).
>
> I want to thank those all people who helped me (hdoria, Allan, BaSh,
> voidnull, dsa, bardo, and someother ppl), and I beg to the people that
> I've sponsored (Anders,haawda,even,ornitorrincos) don't feel
> disappointed, I trusted you to be here, and I hope to have you here
> for long time :-).
>
> Unfortunatelly, I got disappointed with many things, then I lost my
> enthusiasm... So I decided to left apart the crew and make more effort
> on other goals in my life. I will continue using Arch (until now I
> still thinking "Arch is the best distro that I found"), but I won't
> continue collaborating like I usually did, but surelly I will be
> pleased to be helpful if anyone needs me.
>
> This was a good chapter in my life, because I really enjoyed being a
> TU and being a part of an important Open Source project (for me Arch
> was very important in my life). Feel free to grab and drop any of my
> packages, I won't continue maintaining them, for now no-one is
> out-of-date, just mysql-gui-tools, because r14 isn't easy at all to
> build, and I tried several times but I failed to package a version
> with this release..

Very sad to know this. I knew you was thinking about that but I hoped
your choice was different.

> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.
And we'll be here to say welcome back to you.

good luck for all Angel!
BEST REGARDS

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Giovanni Scafora

2009/2/11, Angel Velásquez <angvp@archlinux.com.ve>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've thinking this for a while, and it is, I quit (I had many doubts
> about if I am doing the right thing, so this wasn't an easy choice).
>
> I want to thank those all people who helped me (hdoria, Allan, BaSh,
> voidnull, dsa, bardo, and someother ppl), and I beg to the people that
> I've sponsored (Anders,haawda,even,ornitorrincos) don't feel
> disappointed, I trusted you to be here, and I hope to have you here
> for long time :-).
>
> Unfortunatelly, I got disappointed with many things, then I lost my
> enthusiasm... So I decided to left apart the crew and make more effort
> on other goals in my life. I will continue using Arch (until now I
> still thinking "Arch is the best distro that I found"), but I won't
> continue collaborating like I usually did, but surelly I will be
> pleased to be helpful if anyone needs me.
>
> This was a good chapter in my life, because I really enjoyed being a
> TU and being a part of an important Open Source project (for me Arch
> was very important in my life). Feel free to grab and drop any of my
> packages, I won't continue maintaining them, for now no-one is
> out-of-date, just mysql-gui-tools, because r14 isn't easy at all to
> build, and I tried several times but I failed to package a version
> with this release..
>
> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.

Sad to hear that you are leaving. :-(
Good luck my friend.

--
Arch Linux Developer (voidnull)
AUR & Pacman Italian Translations

Old 02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Timm Preetz

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 21:44 +1930, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> Best wishes for you, and I hope the project gets more enthusiastic
> people (like the great community that we have) everyday, and maybe
> (who knows?) I will got involved again.

I wish you all the best.

Thanks for all the 32bit builds you provided use with

Regards,
Timm

--
Timm Preetz (gummibaerchen)