Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Lukáš Jirkovský

Default Deletion request

On 13 March 2012 14:41, YUP <yupadmin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please delete my package usbip-svn. There is no sense to maintain this
> package since usbip drivers are already in kernel.
> From README: The drivers were already in the kernel tree since version
> 2.6.28. The userspace tools have been moved on 20110520."
> Thanks.
>
> Yarema (Knedlyk)

Done

Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Buce

Hi,

After checking on an old packaged I disowned a while ago, it appears that
pixelmap [1] no longer compiles. I think it broke when libpng was updated,
and it doesn't look like upstream has kept pace with either libpng or
minecraft development. Please delete it. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Ike Devolder

Op 15-03-12 17:08, Buce schreef:
> Hi,
>
> After checking on an old packaged I disowned a while ago, it appears that
> pixelmap [1] no longer compiles. I think it broke when libpng was updated,
> and it doesn't look like upstream has kept pace with either libpng or
> minecraft development. Please delete it. Thanks in advance.

it doesnt look like McTwist has given up on development
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69883-pixelmap/page__view__findpost__p__12096663

so i think we should keep it for now

--
Ike

Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Buce

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder@gmail.com>wrote:

> Op 15-03-12 17:08, Buce schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After checking on an old packaged I disowned a while ago, it appears that
> > pixelmap [1] no longer compiles. I think it broke when libpng was
> updated,
> > and it doesn't look like upstream has kept pace with either libpng or
> > minecraft development. Please delete it. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51081
>
> it doesnt look like McTwist has given up on development
>
> http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69883-pixelmap/page__view__findpost__p__12096663
>
> so i think we should keep it for now

In that case, should it be marked as out-of-date since it doesn't compile?
I'm assuming that function is meant for flagging PKGBUILDs that are lagging
behind development, but I don't see any other way of marking the PKGBUILD
as "broken".

Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Ike Devolder

Op 15-03-12 18:27, Buce schreef:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Op 15-03-12 17:08, Buce schreef:
>> > Hi,
>>>
>>> After checking on an old packaged I disowned a while ago, it appears that
>>> pixelmap [1] no longer compiles. I think it broke when libpng was
>> updated,
>>> and it doesn't look like upstream has kept pace with either libpng or
>>> minecraft development. Please delete it. Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51081
>>
>> it doesnt look like McTwist has given up on development
>>
>> http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69883-pixelmap/page__view__findpost__p__12096663
>>
>> so i think we should keep it for now
>>

> In that case, should it be marked as out-of-date since it doesn't compile?
> I'm assuming that function is meant for flagging PKGBUILDs that are lagging
> behind development, but I don't see any other way of marking the PKGBUILD
> as "broken".
>

>> --
>> Ike

deleted

--
Ike

Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
ianux

Please delete fortune-classe-americaine
which is duplicate of fortune-classe-americaine-fr

And ices
which is duplicate of ices0

Thank you

--
radio ianux - http://ianux.fr/

Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Martti Khne

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:55:38PM +0100, Ike Devolder wrote:
> Op 15-03-12 18:27, Buce schreef:
> >
> > In that case, should it be marked as out-of-date since it doesn't compile?
> > I'm assuming that function is meant for flagging PKGBUILDs that are lagging
> > behind development, but I don't see any other way of marking the PKGBUILD
> > as "broken".
> >

> >> --
> >> Ike
> >>

> deleted
>
> --
> Ike

There was a legacy libpng14 on aur. Why didn't anyone try that?

cheers!
mar77i

Old 03-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Buce

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Martti Khne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:55:38PM +0100, Ike Devolder wrote:
> > Op 15-03-12 18:27, Buce schreef:
> > >
> > > In that case, should it be marked as out-of-date since it doesn't
> compile?
> > > I'm assuming that function is meant for flagging PKGBUILDs that are
> lagging
> > > behind development, but I don't see any other way of marking the
> PKGBUILD
> > > as "broken".

> > deleted
> >
> > --
> > Ike
> >

> There was a legacy libpng14 on aur. Why didn't anyone try that?

Sorry, I didn't realize such a package existed and didn't think to look for
one.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Martti Khne

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 09:17:10AM -0500, Buce wrote:

> > There was a legacy libpng14 on aur. Why didn't anyone try that?
> >

> Sorry, I didn't realize such a package existed and didn't think to look for
> one.

well, never mind, it's gone.
my criticism was more directed at Ike, since he's the tu,
hence supposed to know better.

If you still have the pkgbuild, you could try using libpng14 and upload anew.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Buce

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Martti Khne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 09:17:10AM -0500, Buce wrote:
> > >
> > > There was a legacy libpng14 on aur. Why didn't anyone try that?
> > >

> > Sorry, I didn't realize such a package existed and didn't think to look
> for
> > one.
> >

> well, never mind, it's gone.
> my criticism was more directed at Ike, since he's the tu,
> hence supposed to know better.
>
> If you still have the pkgbuild, you could try using libpng14 and upload
> anew.

It's gone from my system now, but I'll grab an old copy off the git mirror
of the AUR <http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/> and see if I can't
clean it up.