Old 02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Ronald van Haren

Default Deletion request

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Massimiliano Torromeo
<massimiliano.torromeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, no problem, but it is outdated now and I have little interest in
> updating it.
> Guess I'll abandon it so that it can be adopted by someone that is
> interested in keeping it updated.
>
> Regards.
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Wait til it gets to extra. Currently it's an orphan.
>>
>> On 04/02/2010, Massimiliano Torromeo <massimiliano.torromeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> please delete my aur package virtuoso-opensource since it is in
>>> testing and will be officially supported by arch.
>>>
>>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24036
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> --
>> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

well it shouldn' matter too much that it is outdated. People who want
the newest version use [testing] either way and it will move in ~1
week to [extra] if I'm not mistaken.

Ronald

Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Jared Casper

Please delete geda-libs and geda-suite from AUR. These were replaced
with geda-gaf when they released 1.6.0 upstream, which combined
everything into one tarball. It's now on 1.6.1 so probably time to
delete the old packages.

Jared Casper

Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Ray Rashif

On 14/02/2010, Jared Casper <jaredcasper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please delete geda-libs and geda-suite from AUR. These were replaced
> with geda-gaf when they released 1.6.0 upstream, which combined
> everything into one tarball. It's now on 1.6.1 so probably time to
> delete the old packages.

> Jared Casper

Done.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Christoph

Please delete the packages ttf-adf:
and otf-adf:

The first package (ttf-adf) is outdated, no activity for 11 months. I wrote an
e-mail to the maintainer because I asked him to update or orphan the package,
but he has not responded for four weeks.

I wanted to adopt the package, but meanwhile I think that the package should
be renamed. I first thought that otf-adf would be an adequate name, but now I
think that there should be the following three packages:
adffonts-otf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34669
adffonts-ttf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34671
adffonts-type1 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34672

because *all* of the fonts are published as otf-fonts, a part of them
additionally as ttf, and another part of them additionally as type1.

Thanks in advance.
Christoph

Old 02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Ray Rashif

On 16/02/2010, Christoph <chrdr@gmx.at> wrote:
> Please delete the packages ttf-adf:
> and otf-adf:
>
> The first package (ttf-adf) is outdated, no activity for 11 months. I wrote
> an
> e-mail to the maintainer because I asked him to update or orphan the
> package,
> but he has not responded for four weeks.
>
> I wanted to adopt the package, but meanwhile I think that the package should
> be renamed. I first thought that otf-adf would be an adequate name, but now
> think that there should be the following three packages:
> adffonts-otf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34669
> adffonts-ttf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34671
> adffonts-type1 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34672
>
> because *all* of the fonts are published as otf-fonts, a part of them
> additionally as ttf, and another part of them additionally as type1.

The naming standard we've used has been ttf-foo, so naturally you
should try to follow that. All three can be parts of the group
"adf-fonts":

ttf-adf
otf-adf
type1-adf

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Christoph

> The naming standard we've used has been ttf-foo, so naturally you
> should try to follow that. All three can be parts of the group
> "adf-fonts":
>
> ttf-adf
> otf-adf
> type1-adf

That's the way I wanted to go first, too, but then I saw that there is not any
package named type1-xxx, but there is a package
xorg-fonts-type1
and another one called
ttf-indic-otf
in the extra repository, so I thought appendig the type might be the better
choice.

Anyway, if somebody who is part of the TU-Olympus tells me to take a different
way, naturally I will follow ;-)

In this case please orphan:
otf-adf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24551
(for the reasons already described in my first request)

and remove the packages:
adffonts-otf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34669
adffonts-ttf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34671
adffonts-type1 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34672

I will then adopt otf-adf and then upload new pkgbuilds for
otf-adf
ttf-adf
type1-adf
all then belonging to the group adf-fonts

Okay?
Thanks, Christoph

Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Ray Rashif

On 16/02/2010, Christoph <chrdr@gmx.at> wrote:
> In this case please orphan:
> otf-adf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24551
> (for the reasons already described in my first request)
>
> and remove the packages:
> adffonts-otf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34669
> adffonts-ttf - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34671
> adffonts-type1 - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34672
>
> I will then adopt otf-adf and then upload new pkgbuilds for
> otf-adf
> ttf-adf
> type1-adf
> all then belonging to the group adf-fonts

Aight done

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Francesco Groccia

Since I've renamed 'localepurge' to 'localepurge-arch', the old
'localepurge' should be deleted. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Evangelos Foutras

Since I've renamed 'localepurge' to 'localepurge-arch', the old
'localepurge' should be deleted. Thanks.

What is the purpose of this renaming? It appears that you've forked
localepurge to apply some fixes, in which case localepurge shouldn't be
deleted.

Personally, I would prefer to have the changes included in the original
package in the form of one or more patch files and applied during the
build process.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Francesco Groccia

> Evangelos Foutras wrote:

> On 19/02/2010 11:58 πμ, Francesco Groccia wrote:
> > Since I've renamed 'localepurge' to 'localepurge-arch', the old
> > 'localepurge' should be deleted. Thanks.
[...]
> Personally, I would prefer to have the changes included in the
> original package in the form of one or more patch files and applied
> during the build process.

that's OK, done. http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11975
(you can see my comment).

Now, 'localepurge-arch' package is redundant. Please delete it.