Old 12-19-2010, 02:58 PM
cantabile

Default Deletion request

Le 19/12/2010 17:55, Seblu a écrit :

2010/12/13 Cédric Girard<girard.cedric@gmail.com>:

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Husmann<stefan-husmann@t-online.de
There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
explained in comment.

ok.

do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
src package the file which should be download manually?
or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?

Regards,

source=('http://dummy.address.com/file-already-downloaded.ext')
That should work ^

Old 12-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Seblu

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM, cantabile <cantabile.desu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 19/12/2010 17:55, Seblu a écrit :
>>
>> 2010/12/13 Cédric Girard<girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan
>>> Husmann<stefan-husmann@t-online.de
>>> There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
>>> just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
>>> explained in comment.
>>>
>>> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16748
>>>
>> ok.
>>
>> do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
>> src package the file which should be download manually?
>> or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> source=('http://dummy.address.com/file-already-downloaded.ext')
> That should work ^
Yes but he does not like it.
And this is not a pretty way, because makepkg download will just fail
rather than showing a message to ask a manual download.
So i think a better way is to not mark the file in source var, and
doing checking by hand and ask to download if not present.

But in this PKGBUILD, he uses source var to make checking. And on AUR
zip file is not uploaded. So i'm wondering if they are an option or he
deleting file manually.
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/PKGBUILD
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/vst_sdk2_3.zip

Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 12-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Loui Chang

On Sun 19 Dec 2010 16:55 +0100, Seblu wrote:
> 2010/12/13 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> > On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann@t-online.de
> > There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
> > just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
> > explained in comment.
> >
> > [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16748
> >
> ok.
>
> do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
> src package the file which should be download manually?
> or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?

You could use
source=(file://source.tar.gz)

Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Loui Chang

On Sun 19 Dec 2010 17:58 +0200, cantabile wrote:
> Le 19/12/2010 17:55, Seblu a écrit :
> >2010/12/13 Cédric Girard<girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> >>On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Husmann<stefan-husmann@t-online.de
> >>There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
> >>just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
> >>explained in comment.
> >>
> >>[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16748
> >
> >do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
> >src package the file which should be download manually?
> >or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?
>
> source=('http://dummy.address.com/file-already-downloaded.ext')
> That should work ^

Yeah any dummy address would work too. You should put a comment so
people understand that.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Loui Chang

On Sun 19 Dec 2010 17:15 +0100, Seblu wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM, cantabile <cantabile.desu@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> ok.
> >>
> >> do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
> >> src package the file which should be download manually?
> >> or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>

> > source=('http://dummy.address.com/file-already-downloaded.ext')
> > That should work ^
> Yes but he does not like it.
> And this is not a pretty way, because makepkg download will just fail
> rather than showing a message to ask a manual download.
> So i think a better way is to not mark the file in source var, and
> doing checking by hand and ask to download if not present.
>
> But in this PKGBUILD, he uses source var to make checking. And on AUR
> zip file is not uploaded. So i'm wondering if they are an option or he
> deleting file manually.
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/PKGBUILD
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/vst_sdk2_3.zip

Well if the zip archive exists in the package tarball, then I removed it
during a recent cleanup.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Cédric Girard

Le 19 déc. 2010 17:59, "Loui Chang" <louipc.ist@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sun 19 Dec 2010 17:15 +0100, Seblu wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM, cantabile <cantabile.desu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > source=('http://dummy.address.com/file-already-downloaded.ext')
> > > That should work ^
> > Yes but he does not like it.
> > And this is not a pretty way, because makepkg download will just fail
> > rather than showing a message to ask a manual download.
> > So i think a better way is to not mark the file in source var, and
> > doing checking by hand and ask to download if not present.
> >
> > But in this PKGBUILD, he uses source var to make checking. And on AUR
> > zip file is not uploaded. So i'm wondering if they are an option or he
> > deleting file manually.
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/PKGBUILD

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/vst_sdk2_3.zip

> Well if the zip archive exists in the package tarball, then I removed it
> during a recent cleanup.

As far as I can remember, the packager never put the zip in to this package,
it would have been against the license terms of this sdk.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Seblu

2010/12/19 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> Le 19 déc. 2010 17:59, "Loui Chang" <louipc.ist@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> On Sun 19 Dec 2010 17:15 +0100, Seblu wrote:

> package
> directory as

>> > Yes but he does not like it.
>> > And this is not a pretty way, because makepkg download will just fail
>> > rather than showing a message to ask a manual download.
>> > So i think a better way is to not mark the file in source var, and
>> > doing checking by hand and ask to download if not present.
>> >
>> > But in this PKGBUILD, he uses source var to make checking. And on AUR
>> > zip file is not uploaded. So i'm wondering if they are an option or he
>> > deleting file manually.
>> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/PKGBUILD
>> >
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/vst_sdk2_3.zip
>>
>> Well if the zip archive exists in the package tarball, then I removed it
>> during a recent cleanup.
>>
> As far as I can remember, the packager never put the zip in to this package,
> it would have been against the license terms of this sdk.

Hum this last words let my question remains.

Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Cédric Girard

Le 19 déc. 2010 19:40, "Seblu" <seblu@seblu.net> a écrit :

> 2010/12/19 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:

> > package
> > directory as

AUR?

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/PKGBUILD

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/steinberg-vst/steinberg-vst/vst_sdk2_3.zip

> >> Well if the zip archive exists in the package tarball, then I removed
it
> >> during a recent cleanup.
> >>
> > As far as I can remember, the packager never put the zip in to this
package,
> > it would have been against the license terms of this sdk.
> >
> Hum this last words let my question remains.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Sébastien Luttringer
> www.seblu.net
Try to ask the packager directly. I don't know how he is dealing with this
exactly and cannot do any test right now.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
notizblock

hi,
i reuploaded the following packages using a python2-pkgname naming scheme:
-https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37035
-https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22977
-https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29765
-https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19942

please delete the above packages.

thx,
--
bbs: nblock
aur: notizblock

Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Dave Reisner

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 02:12:42PM +0100, notizblock wrote:
> hi,
> i reuploaded the following packages using a python2-pkgname naming scheme:
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37035
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22977
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29765
> -https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19942