Old 12-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Alessio Sergi

Default Deletion request

Hi TUs,
please delete rekonq+i18n-git [1] because locales are already provided by
rekonq-git [2] package.

Thanks in advance

<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37865>[2]
<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22846>
--
Alessio Sergi

Old 12-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Alessio Sergi <asergi@archlinux.us> wrote:

> Hi TUs,
> please delete rekonq+i18n-git [1] because locales are already provided by
> rekonq-git [2] package.
>
> Thanks in advance

> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37865>[2]
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22846>
> --
> Alessio Sergi

Done, thanks. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Seblu

Delete package : oracle 11gR1-1
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_O rphans=&SeB=)

Because, it's orphan, it's out-of-date, source link is broken
(==cannot be built).

Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Loui Chang

On Mon 13 Dec 2010 00:14 +0100, Seblu wrote:
> Delete package : oracle 11gR1-1
> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_O rphans=&SeB=)
>
> Because, it's orphan, it's out-of-date, source link is broken
> (==cannot be built).

Well, I must have deleted the source file in a recent cleanup. Sources
should not be hosted on the AUR. Otherwise let whoever the new
maintainer may be fix the PKGBUILD to retrieve sources remotely.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Seblu

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon 13 Dec 2010 00:14 +0100, Seblu wrote:
>> Delete package : oracle 11gR1-1
>> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_O rphans=&SeB=)
>>
>> Because, it's orphan, it's out-of-date, source link is broken
>> (==cannot be built).
>
> Well, I must have deleted the source file in a recent cleanup. Sources
> should not be hosted on the AUR. Otherwise let whoever the new
> maintainer may be fix the PKGBUILD to retrieve sources remotely.

Ok my bad. I don't see it was a local link...

By trying to update this package i discovered that we need an oracle
account and accept a license to be able to download the Zip files
needed to installation.
I don't believe this is simply scriptable in a PKGBUILD. So, we can:
1 - Delete the package
2 - Update the package and asking to user which want to build package
to manually download zip files from oracle.com

What would you prefer?

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Stefan Husmann

Am 13.12.2010 01:33, schrieb Seblu:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon 13 Dec 2010 00:14 +0100, Seblu wrote:
>>> Delete package : oracle 11gR1-1
>>> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_O rphans=&SeB=)
>>>
>>> Because, it's orphan, it's out-of-date, source link is broken
>>> (==cannot be built).
>>
>> Well, I must have deleted the source file in a recent cleanup. Sources
>> should not be hosted on the AUR. Otherwise let whoever the new
>> maintainer may be fix the PKGBUILD to retrieve sources remotely.
>
> Ok my bad. I don't see it was a local link...
>
> By trying to update this package i discovered that we need an oracle
> account and accept a license to be able to download the Zip files
> needed to installation.
> I don't believe this is simply scriptable in a PKGBUILD. So, we can:
> 1 - Delete the package
> 2 - Update the package and asking to user which want to build package
> to manually download zip files from oracle.com
>
> What would you prefer?

I would prefer the latter.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Cédric Girard

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann@t-online.de
> wrote:

> Am 13.12.2010 01:33, schrieb Seblu:
> > On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23730&O=&L=&C=&K=&SB=&SO=&PP=&do_O rphans=&SeB=
> )

> >> Well, I must have deleted the source file in a recent cleanup. Sources
> >> should not be hosted on the AUR. Otherwise let whoever the new
> >> maintainer may be fix the PKGBUILD to retrieve sources remotely.
> >
> > Ok my bad. I don't see it was a local link...
> >
> > By trying to update this package i discovered that we need an oracle
> > account and accept a license to be able to download the Zip files
> > needed to installation.
> > I don't believe this is simply scriptable in a PKGBUILD. So, we can:
> > 1 - Delete the package
> > 2 - Update the package and asking to user which want to build package
> > to manually download zip files from oracle.com
> >
> > What would you prefer?
> >

> I would prefer the latter.

There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
explained in comment.

Cédric Girard

Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Mark Moeller

Could you please delete nautilus-dropbox-icons?

It has been replaced with the newer version of the Tango icons in
dropbox-tango-emblems.

Thanks
--
Registered Linux User # 424781
Registered Linux Computer # 364703

Old 12-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Jan Steffens

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Mark Moeller <yugrotavele@archlinux.us> wrote:
> Could you please delete nautilus-dropbox-icons?

> It has been replaced with the newer version of the Tango icons in
> dropbox-tango-emblems.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Registered Linux User # 424781
> Registered Linux Computer # 364703
> Smarter, Faster, Better... Arch Linux

Done, thank you.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Seblu

2010/12/13 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann@t-online.de
> There is a similar case with packages like steinberg-vst [1]. The package
> just assumes the source are already downloaded in the build directory as
> explained in comment.
>
> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16748

ok.

do you have a trick to tell to "makepkg --source" to not include in
src package the file which should be download manually?
or you remove it from the tarball manually before uploading to AUR?

Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net