Old 02-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Abhishek Dasgupta

Default fixing some namcap warnings

Hi,

Is it OK for you all if I fix some namcap warnings in [community]:
- specific-sourceforge-mirror (99 packages)
- using-dl-sourceforge (137 packages)
- variable-not-array (210 packages)

I will only be changing the PKGBUILDs and retagging them
CURRENT and CURRENT-64.

--
Abhishek

Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it OK for you all if I fix some namcap warnings in [community]:
> - specific-sourceforge-mirror (99 packages)
> - using-dl-sourceforge (137 packages)
> - variable-not-array (210 packages)
>
> I will only be changing the PKGBUILDs and retagging them
> CURRENT and CURRENT-64.
>
> --
> Abhishek

It would be safer if you would just commit the changes, i.e not tag
the PKGBUILD.

If you tag the PKGBUILD, make sure that the actual PKGBUILD in cvs was
used to build the package in the corresponding community repo
(especially with the same pkgver and pkgrel). For example, if libfoo
is at version 1.5-1 in the cvs, make sure that both i686 and x86_64
community repo have libfoo 1.5-1. If community x86_64 repo only has
libfoo 1.4-1, then tagging the PKGBUILD with CURRENT-64 will break the
repo with the common "missing package" error. So in that case either
don't tag at all or update the package.