Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Ricardo Martins

Default AUR package removal

Hi,

I'd like to remove a package I maintain (ncmpc-tradiaz-svn [1]), since it
was superseded by other package. However, I couldn't find anything in AUR's
interface to delete it, so I had to ask here.

Ricardo Martins * scarybox.net * GPG key: 0x1308F1B4

Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Ronald van Haren

On 1/25/09, Ricardo Martins <ricardo@scarybox.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to remove a package I maintain (ncmpc-tradiaz-svn [1]), since it
> was superseded by other package. However, I couldn't find anything in AUR's
> interface to delete it, so I had to ask here.
>
> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18291
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ricardo Martins * scarybox.net * GPG key: 0x1308F1B4

thanks, done

Ronald

Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Ricardo Martins

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:21, Ronald van Haren wrote:
> On 1/25/09, Ricardo Martins <ricardo@scarybox.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to remove a package I maintain (ncmpc-tradiaz-svn [1]), since it
> > was superseded by other package. However, I couldn't find anything in AUR's
> > interface to delete it, so I had to ask here.
> >
> > [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18291
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Ricardo Martins * scarybox.net * GPG key: 0x1308F1B4
> >
> thanks, done
>
> Ronald

Thank you.
--
Ricardo Martins * scarybox.net * GPG key: 0x1308F1B4

Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Leonidas Spyropoulos

Hello,

I uploaded a new renamed version of one of the packages I maintain.
Can someone please remove the old package from the repository?

OLD package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62708

NEW package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62771

Thanks in advance,
Leonidas

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","x4cx65x6fx6ex69x64x61x73");}

Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Andrzej Giniewicz

On 13.09.2012 21:59, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I uploaded a new renamed version of one of the packages I maintain.
> Can someone please remove the old package from the repository?
>
> OLD package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62708
>
> NEW package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62771
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Leonidas

Done, thanks.

Andrzej.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Leonidas Spyropoulos

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Andrzej Giniewicz <gginiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13.09.2012 21:59, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I uploaded a new renamed version of one of the packages I maintain.
>> Can someone please remove the old package from the repository?
>
> Done, thanks.
>
> Andrzej.

Thanks for that, is it possible for users like me to have access to
manage their own packages? Surely not others packages but the ones
they maintain seems logical.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Alex Belanger

I think they do it because otherwise some users would remove their packages
thinking nobody uses them while it might not be the case. People doesn't
seem to understand a PKGBUILD, even if orphaned, does no harm and might
even help some - as long as the name isn't conflicting with anything of
course.

Maybe a TU could explain it better the I.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Zack Buhman

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 01:43:03AM -0400, Alex Belanger wrote:
> I think they do it because otherwise some users would remove their packages
> thinking nobody uses them while it might not be the case. People doesn't
> seem to understand a PKGBUILD, even if orphaned, does no harm and might
> even help some - as long as the name isn't conflicting with anything of
> course.

Implying TUs--with the relatively large volume of requests on this mailing
list--can magically make an intelligent decision about whether an
existing package is worthy of deletion?

I'm already aware all TUs are ninjas.. but Gods? I'm not sure about that
one (as much as I'd love to be proven wrong).

Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Alex Belanger

I like how you quoted my entire message and discarded only the very last line.

You know, I've no idea about this, I'm not a TU myself. The only thing I can assure you is that they are doing it voluntarily, aka, not paid. It's a free willing act of "giving back to the community".

Keep in minds they have guidelines to respect, that with theses powers comes more responsabilities and also they have been chosen by your peers. There are criterias, a selection and a voting process. As far as I would like Arch being a free place thingy, you need some kind of moderation to keep the standard high in the AUR.

We have a masterpiece, an accomplishment made of thousand of volunteers.

Be careful when bashing on people. They alone own more packages, submitted patches, helped others on IRC, etc. than you ever will. If you are to complain about the procedures, just try to achieve the same as they do.