Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
"Callan Barrett"

Default VOTE: Removal Of xterminus

Alright, the 5 day vote is now over for the removal of xterminus.

I count 18 yes votes and 2 no votes, this meets quorum and means
xterminus is no longer a Trusted User. I think everyone is in
agreement that his packages should be moved unsupported and I suppose
(unless anyone else wants to volunteer) I'll be putting all the
modules in there. I think we should leave them in there for a few days
to pick at them if that's ok with everyone else.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett

Old 12-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Firmicus

Callan Barrett wrote :

Alright, the 5 day vote is now over for the removal of xterminus.

I count 18 yes votes and 2 no votes, this meets quorum and means
xterminus is no longer a Trusted User. I think everyone is in
agreement that his packages should be moved unsupported and I suppose
(unless anyone else wants to volunteer) I'll be putting all the
modules in there. I think we should leave them in there for a few days
to pick at them if that's ok with everyone else.

All right. In fact in the past months I have silently updated many of
xterminus' perl packages after he "disappeared" in July/August. Since
some are dependencies of other packages in [community], I intend to
adopt these and several others that I use.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM
Allan McRae

Firmicus wrote:

Callan Barrett wrote :

Alright, the 5 day vote is now over for the removal of xterminus.

I count 18 yes votes and 2 no votes, this meets quorum and means
xterminus is no longer a Trusted User. I think everyone is in
agreement that his packages should be moved unsupported and I suppose
(unless anyone else wants to volunteer) I'll be putting all the
modules in there. I think we should leave them in there for a few days
to pick at them if that's ok with everyone else.

All right. In fact in the past months I have silently updated many of
xterminus' perl packages after he "disappeared" in July/August. Since
some are dependencies of other packages in [community], I intend to
adopt these and several others that I use.

If someone orphans these packages then I will maintain them in
unsupported as they are dependencies of one of my packages (xmltv) and
not by any community packages:

perl-html-tableextract
perl-html-tree
perl-http-cache-transparent
perl-io-stringy
perl-soap-lite
perl-fcgi

Thanks,
Allan

Old 12-30-2007, 01:49 PM
"Callan Barrett"

On Dec 30, 2007 4:12 PM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If someone orphans these packages then I will maintain them in
> unsupported as they are dependencies of one of my packages (xmltv) and
> not by any community packages:
> perl-html-tableextract
> perl-html-tree
> perl-http-cache-transparent
> perl-io-stringy
> perl-soap-lite
> perl-fcgi

Done, adopt them whenever you can.

--
Callan 'wizzomafizzo' Barrett

Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Firmicus

Firmicus wrote :

Callan Barrett wrote :

Alright, the 5 day vote is now over for the removal of xterminus.

I count 18 yes votes and 2 no votes, this meets quorum and means
xterminus is no longer a Trusted User. I think everyone is in
agreement that his packages should be moved unsupported and I suppose
(unless anyone else wants to volunteer) I'll be putting all the
modules in there. I think we should leave them in there for a few days
to pick at them if that's ok with everyone else.

All right. In fact in the past months I have silently updated many of
xterminus' perl packages after he "disappeared" in July/August. Since
some are dependencies of other packages in [community], I intend to
adopt these and several others that I use.

I have adopted a bunch of perl packages from xterminus, and I checked
all the remaining ones for those that are dependencies of other
community packages. The result is as follows:

perl-convert-asn1 is a dependency of perl-ldap (maintained by Sergej)
perl-crypt-simple > checkgmail (dtw)
perl-curses and perl-curses-ui > yfklog and yfktest (bfinch)
perl-net-ipv6addr < gresolver (Sergej)

So Sergej, dtw and bfinch, I suggest that you adopt the above pkgs ;-)

I think all other packages previously maintained by xterminus can now be
orphaned and moved to [unsupported]. BTW, is there a way to do this
other than the pedestrian manner described in the wiki?

Best wishes to all fellow TUs for the new year!