Old 12-10-2007, 04:15 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

Default Packages from extra with no maintainer

2007/12/10, Jordi Cerdan <jcerdan@tecob.com>:
> Hi,
>
> What happens to the packages that are in community with no maintainer?
> Can someone adopt them or must we wait that the package goes to
> unsupported? (ex: pygoocanvas)
>
> I am new to the list and maybe this question is out of place. If this is
> the case, please excuse-me...

They can be adopted by TUs only, or go to Unsupported if nobody wants them.
There was a big community repo cleanup in the past.
Not sure if we need another one right now, but feel free to name
orphans that you think need more care - and we can decide their future
per-case.

In case of pygoocanvas - its a dependency of 'conduit' only which is
Unsupported, so if it is not a makedependency for some community
package - it's safe to move to Unsupported.
We could move pygoocanvas to Unsupported unless some TU is interested
in maintaining it.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Eric Belanger

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Roman Kyrylych wrote:

> 2007/12/10, Jordi Cerdan <jcerdan@tecob.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What happens to the packages that are in community with no maintainer?
>> Can someone adopt them or must we wait that the package goes to
>> unsupported? (ex: pygoocanvas)
>>
>> I am new to the list and maybe this question is out of place. If this is
>> the case, please excuse-me...
>>

> They can be adopted by TUs only, or go to Unsupported if nobody wants them.
> There was a big community repo cleanup in the past.
> Not sure if we need another one right now, but feel free to name
> orphans that you think need more care - and we can decide their future
> per-case.
>
> In case of pygoocanvas - its a dependency of 'conduit' only which is
> Unsupported, so if it is not a makedependency for some community
> package - it's safe to move to Unsupported.
> We could move pygoocanvas to Unsupported unless some TU is interested
> in maintaining it.

I've updated it.

Eric

believed to be clean.