-   -   pkgbuild from aur deleted (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/16343-pkgbuild-aur-deleted.html)

fancris3 12-10-2007 02:54 PM

pkgbuild from aur deleted

One of my pkgbuild (libzip) from aur was deleted.
I didn't receve any email explaining the reason but i found this pkgbuild
in extra::
http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lib/libzip/PKGBUILD?rev=1.1&cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRE NT&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
I didn't receve an email , i'm not in the contribuitor line , i feel like
i don't exist :)

Jan de Groot 12-10-2007 03:47 PM

pkgbuild from aur deleted

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 17:54 +0200, fancris3 wrote:
> One of my pkgbuild (libzip) from aur was deleted.
> I didn't receve any email explaining the reason but i found this pkgbuild
> in extra::
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lib/libzip/PKGBUILD?rev=1.1&cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRE NT&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> I didn't receve an email , i'm not in the contribuitor line , i feel like
> i don't exist :)

this happens quite often when developers create new packages from proto
files and don't look at AUR. When I create new packages, I take a look
in AUR to see if there's a reasonable looking PKGBUILD already. If it's
usable, I use it and give credit to the creator. In this case, I think
Tobias overlooked your AUR package and created a new one himselves.

"Aaron Griffin" 12-10-2007 03:48 PM

pkgbuild from aur deleted

On Dec 10, 2007 9:54 AM, fancris3 <fancris3@aol.com> wrote:
> One of my pkgbuild (libzip) from aur was deleted.
> I didn't receve any email explaining the reason but i found this pkgbuild
> in extra::
> http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lib/libzip/PKGBUILD?rev=1.1&cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRE NT&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> I didn't receve an email , i'm not in the contribuitor line , i feel like
> i don't exist :)

It's possible tpowa did the whole thing without checking the AUR for
an existing PKGBUILD.
Maybe send him an email about it?

Tobias Powalowski 12-10-2007 03:58 PM

pkgbuild from aur deleted

On Monday 10 December 2007 17:48:36 Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 9:54 AM, fancris3 <fancris3@aol.com> wrote:
> > One of my pkgbuild (libzip) from aur was deleted.
> > I didn't receve any email explaining the reason but i found this pkgbuild
> > in extra::
> > http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/lib/libzip/PKGBUILD?rev=1.1&
> >cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=CURRENT&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup I
> > didn't receve an email , i'm not in the contribuitor line , i feel like i
> > don't exist :)
>
> It's possible tpowa did the whole thing without checking the AUR for
> an existing PKGBUILD.
> Maybe send him an email about it?

/me shrugs, sorry i build kde4 and there i added all librabries that are
needed to extra, all packages i created the PKGBUILDS from my template

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

fancris3 12-10-2007 04:26 PM

pkgbuild from aur deleted

It is not a big deal , i write the mail only for : im alive :)
I realy apreciate arch devs work.
Thank you for Arch